When the Easter Bunny leaves behind the basket of treats, Jarlsberg® Cheese is ready to hop in and bring some Easter delights to the entire family. Cooking up a memorable Easter brunch with Jarlsberg® Cheese takes the flavor factor to a whole new level. The distinctive taste of Jarlsberg® Cheese will leave your family and friends asking for more.
Jarlsberg® Cheese is available nationwide in the specialty cheese case in grocery retailers, and comes in pre-sliced packages, or sliced at the deli counter, and is also available in club stores. There is a Jarlsberg® Cheese for every palate:
· Jarlsberg® Cheese is a mild, semi-soft skim cheese made from cow’s milk. Jarlsberg® Cheese is famous for its characteristic mild, sweet and nutty taste and its large round holes.
· Jarlsberg® Cheese Lite has the same mild, nutty flavor as regular Jarlsberg® Cheese with 50% less fat and 30% fewer calories, than regular Swiss cheese. This low-fat variety of Jarlsberg® Cheese original has the characteristic large round holes, with a lower fat content -- perfect for those days when you crave the sweet, nutty delights of Jarlsberg® Cheese but need to watch your diet.
· Jarlsberg® Hickory Smoked Cheese has a piquant smoky taste, and like most smoked foods has a darker, browner surface. Jarlsberg® Hickory Smoked Cheese is cold smoked over smoldering, hickory chip embers, this Hickory smoked flavor will enhance your cold or hot foods, with its deep, smoky charms.
In addition to Jarlsberg® Cheese, go above and beyond for Easter with new Jarlsberg® Cheese Minis! Jarlsberg® Cheese Minis are 100% all natural with only 70 calories per mini cheese wheel. Offering a good source of calcium and protein, these minis although small, are big in flavor.
Try these mouth watering back to classics recipes for Easter brunch or dinner, and hop into a fantastic holiday.
Jarlsberg® Cheese, Ham and Egg Cups
Nonstick cooking spray
4 slices Black Forest or Virginia ham
4 large eggs
4 Slices of Jarlsberg® cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh basil, scallions or parsley, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat 4 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Fit 1 slice of ham into each muffin cup (ham will hang over edges of cups). Crack 1 egg into each cup. Bake in middle of oven until whites are cooked but yolks are still runny, about 13 minutes (add Jarlsberg® Cheese slices 5 minutes before done). Season eggs with salt and pepper and remove cups carefully. Sprinkle with chopped basil, scallions or parsley.
Jarlsberg® Cheese & Asparagus Tart
2 cups Jarlsberg® Lite Cheese, shredded
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 lb. asparagus
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the puff pastry into a 16-by-10 inch rectangle, trimming uneven edges. Place on baking sheet. With a knife, lightly score the pastry dough 1-inch from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at ½-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove the pastry shell from the oven, and sprinkle with the shredded Jarlsberg® Cheese. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the pastry shell -- arrange in a single layer over the Jarlsberg® Cheese, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, sprinkle thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, about 20 minutes.
Jarlsberg® Breakfast Pizza
Store-bought flatbread or pizza dough
1 ½ cups Jarlsberg® cheese, shredded
4 slices bacon
4-6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 tbsp. chopped basil, plus one sprig as garnish
Freshly ground pepper, salt
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the pizza dough to desired thickness.
3. Place the rolled out pizza dough on to the prepared baking sheet. Top with shredded cheese. Make 4 small wells with the cheese, and crack an egg into each well. Arrange the bacon around the eggs, and top with the chopped basil leaves and the tomato halves. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the eggs are just set and the pizza crust is golden.
For more great ideas, tips and information on Jarlsberg® Cheese, visit www.jarlsbergusa.com and like them on Facebook.