The Electronic Keypad Deadbolt enables you to use a key like a regular deadbolt, but it also gives you the option of using a four-digit access code instead. It comes pre-set with two codes, but you can program it to store up to a total of 20 additional codes, and these codes can be added or deleted at any time. If you accidently gave the code to someone you don’t want to enter your home anymore, it’s no problem because you are able to delete and change your code. The code really comes in handy! I can think of many different reasons one would need to change it from time to time. For example, if you’re on vacation and forget to leave a key for your pet sitter, just call them and give them the code instead. No more hiding your keys under the doormat, in the mailbox, or above the door. Those are the first places that thieves will look.
Here are more features of the Master Lock Electronic Keypad Deadbolt that I love:
- My husband was able to install it himself (see photos above), and we figured out how to use it within minutes. Our ten-year-old boys easily learned how to operate it, too.
- As soon as you hit a button on the keypad, it lights up in green, so you’re not struggling to see the numbers in a dark doorway or at night.
- It has a feature called NightWatch for extra security. When your family is all tucked in for the night, set the NightWatch to block the use of any keys or codes for peace of mind.
- The keypad uses 4 AAA batteries (included), which we commonly have around the house. Low battery indicators tell you when it’s time to change the batteries.
- The Master Lock Electronic Keypad Deadbolt comes in Polished Brass, Antique Brass, Satin Nickel, and Aged Bronze, so you’re likely to find one that matches the hardware on your other doors.
|The inside of our door|
|The outside of our door|
We are thrilled with our new Master Lock Electronic Keypad Deadbolt. I know that we’re going to get plenty of use out of it, and I’ll no longer stress about anybody getting locked out of the house or losing our keys. When considering “home safety” issues, it’s important to remember that you’re not only protecting your home and belongings, but you want to keep your family members safe, too. Master Lock’s many home safety products, such as the Electronic Keypad Deadbolt, enable you to do your best to protect your loved ones. Visit www.masterlock.com today!