SampleSource.com is available for U.S. and Canadian consumers. They gather literally hundreds of thousands of name-brand product samples for home, body and life, and offer the samples that people are specifically interested in trying at no charge. There is:
- no membership
- no subscription service
- no postage or handling
- no requirement to rate or review samples in order to receive more
Here is how it works:
- Sign up on the website to receive an alert email when product samples are available. (There are several large distributions a year.)
- Answer a short survey to help SampleSource.com identify what products you are interested in trying. (You won’t be offered cat food, for instance, if you only have a dog.)
- When the email arrives announcing samples are available, log in and click on as many or as few samples as you’d like. There’s no limit. (Major brands like Colgate, Quaker, Glade, Jergens, Tetley, Hersheys, Tresemme, Snuggle, Chick, Tide, John Frieda and Armor All have participated in the past.)
- Watch for your box of samples in the mail.
- In a few weeks you’ll get an offer to fill out a survey on the products and offer ratings for other SampleSource.com users. It’s completely voluntary. This is a great way to share what you think with other consumers and even the manufacturer.
SampleSource.com sent me a box with sample-sized versions of Colgate Total Advanced Pro-Shield Mouthwash; Colgate Total Advanced Whitening Toothpaste; a $1 Coupon for Any Colgate Toothpaste; and Tums Freshers Antacids. Not only are these products great for sampling, but they’re great for travel, too! I can put the sample-sized oral-care products in my luggage, and I tucked the Tums into my purse. If you love to try different products (and get mail!), sign up for SampleSource.com’s free service!