Monday, December 16, 2013
· Beat the holiday rush. Visit usps.com to pay and print postage. While online, save time by scheduling a free Package Pickup.
· Gift and ship. Did you forget someone on your list? No worries. Visit select Post Offices to pick up a card and gift and ship it in just one stop.
· Pack smart. When packing your gifts, pick a strong and sturdy box. Make sure to tape it closed tightly. Cushion contents to protect them during transportation, and wrap glass and other fragile items with extra newspaper or packing material.
· Ship with ease. Priority Mail makes holiday shipping easy and is a great value, too. Features include free insurance up to $50, improved tracking, and expected delivery dates.
· Stay connected. Follow USPS on Facebook and Twitter to see more shipping tips and daily holiday updates.
Follow the chart below to ensure that your cards and packages arrive by December 24.
If you’d like to learn more about the other ways the Postal Service is preparing for the holiday season, visit usps.com/news and click “holiday newsroom.”