Participate in Trick or Treat for America’s ToothFairy!CLICK HERE to join this fun virtual campaign, which encourages positive oral health habits and helps rescue vulnerable children from the pain associated with rampant dental disease. Set up a fundraising page for yourself or a team and help change children’s lives! All public donations go directly to helping at-risk children.
Sign Up for the America’s ToothFairy Kids Club!CLICK HERE to sign up your child for the America’s ToothFairy Kids Club! Each child will receive a personalized Letter from the ToothFairy and quarterly fun, educational activities!
Follow These Tips from the ToothFairy for a Healthier Halloween!
• Hand out sugar-free candy to trick-or-treaters. You are still giving them a sweet treat, but without the cavities!
• Make the focus about something other than sugar, host a Halloween party for a good cause benefitting a children’s charity. Everyone can bring a dollar for the charity and a healthy dish to eat at the party.
• Dress up as the ToothFairy and give out multi-colored toothbrushes instead of candy this year.
• Feed your child prior to Halloween festivities or trick or treat activities to avoid snacking.
• Have healthy, tooth-friendly snacks available such as fruit, vegetables, cheese and yogurt. Avoid sticky and starchy snacks that can cling to teeth and cause decay.
• Rather than have the holiday focus around eating a bunch of sugar-laden sweets, center it around an activity such as going to a local pumpkin patch and holding a family pumpkin-carving contest.
• If you are hosting a party, use healthy foods to make fun treats that the kids can enjoy. With a little fruit, some paper plates and toothpicks, children can create their own Monster Face. Melon balls or grapes make great monster’s eyeballs, simply spear the melon balls with the toothpicks and poke through the paper plate. For the monster’s nose, spear strawberries or orange slices, and for the monster’s smile, a banana will do just fine!
• For a healthy smile year round, remember to brush, and floss your teeth twice a day and visit your dentist once every six months! For children ages 6 and up, use a fluoride rinse.
If You Love Candy, Indulge in SparX Candies!Sweetened with 100% natural xylitol, which has been promoted by dentists and dental hygienists, this candy can help improve overall dental health and promote mineral absorption into the teeth. SparX candies come in three yummy flavors: berry, citrus, and fruit!
One lucky winner will receive a 30-pack of Halloween SparX Candy (sweetened only with 100% natural xylitol)! To enter, simply fill out the easy Rafflecopter form below. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only and will end on Friday, October 19, 2012.
a Rafflecopter giveaway