cost more than hot coffee at coffee shops? That’s why Gevalia has provided these five tips and tricks to make your own delicious iced coffee at home:
1. Brew the Perfect Gevalia Iced Coffee: Start with 12 slightly rounded tablespoons of premium blend coffee, like Gevalia, a coffee with a rich Swedish heritage now available in U.S. coffee aisles, and fill the coffee maker to the 8 cup level. Brew, refrigerate and serve over ice. The best Gevalia roasts to use when making iced coffee are House Blend, French Roast and Espresso Roast.
2. How to Sweeten Iced Coffee: Simple syrup! Mix ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water in a small saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate in a tightly covered container for up to one week.
3. Cold Coffee Recipes: Tickle your taste buds by whipping up a delicious iced coffee recipe like a Lemon-Ginger Iced Coffee or a Whipaccino. Click here for these recipes and more.
4. How to Avoid Watery Iced Coffee: Make coffee ice cubes. Pour chilled coffee into ice cube trays. Freeze and use in place of regular ice cubes. For extra flavor, use frozen raspberries, too!
5. Add Summery Flavors: Vanilla, orange, coconut and more -- your favorite flavor extract (¼ tsp per serving) will dissolve quickly in hot coffee. After brewing, refrigerate, stir and serve over ice.
Disclaimer: I received a sample of Gevalia from Kraft Foods.