Sunday, April 15, 2012

In the Spotlight: Shari from Faith Filled Food for Moms and Grandmothers

Welcome to the weekly series, “In the Spotlight,” on Susan Heim on Parenting! Each Sunday, I post a fun interview with a blogger so you can get to know her or him better. Shari from Faith Filled Food for Moms and Grandmothers is this week’s featured blogger! If you’re a blogger and would like to be “in the spotlight,” please email me at smhparent [at] hotmail [dot] com with your name, blog name, and URL. Put “In the Spotlight” in the subject line. Now, here’s Shari from Faith Filled Food for Moms and Grandmothers!

1. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
Transformed by His Grace

2. What TV show do you never miss watching and why?
I used to love to watch 24/7, then it disappeared. But, really, I’m an I Love Lucy and Andy Griffith fan. :) We record or rent from the library.

3. Which is easier to raise: boys or girls?
Hard question … Although girls can be difficult due to major hormone changes and clothing and such, I have to say that my 15-year-old son has to be the hardest child I have ever raised ... still raising. He’s very smart and laid back. It’s hard to motivate this type of child. He was also a screamer when he was younger. I hate screaming! I don’t know that it’s so much of a boy/girl issue than a personality issue. I have 5 girls and 2 boys … some of the girls are easier than the others. :)

4. If you had a whole day to yourself with no kids at home, what would you do?
A whole day to myself??? What’s that? Well, I would probably blog -- I love to blog -- but other than that, I would go to a HUGE nursery and look at all the plants and flowers for hours. Oh, and buy some, too. Then come home and plant them. :)

5. What children’s TV show or movie drives you insane?
Some of the Disney shows drive me crazy! I don’t know the names of them, but the girls are always screaming at the top of their lungs, and the attitudes of a lot of the characters are just plain icky!

6. What was the best book you read recently?
The 5 Love Languages of Children, by Gary Chapman

7. What’s your idea of a great vacation: camping out or staying in a nice, beachside hotel?
I am totally a hotel camper. :) I don’t like camping anymore. To me, it’s housekeeping in the dirt. :(

8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love to minister to others. When I’ve written something that I feel God has put on my heart, I love to see it touch others. :)

9. What are your plans for this summer?
Playing with my kids and grandkids. We haven’t decided on a vacation destination yet, so for now playing, playing, playing ... the beach … we live by a lake ... blogging ... going for walks to the park … museums … hiking ... blogging … oh, did I say that? :)

10. If you’re crafty, what do you like to make?
I do like crafts. I like to sew, crochet, home décor ... I’m kind of a person who likes to make things that are useful such as homemade heating pads, things that have to do with photographs, like hanging them in different ways and such with different kinds of materials, ribbons, etc.

About me: I am a faith-filled, Christian, stay-at-home mom, wife, grandma and step-mom! Whew, that’s a mouthful! I have been married for 25 years this month. We have 7 children and 3 grandchildren. When my husband and I got married, he had 2 kids and I had 2 kids. When all but one of those four were grown and moved out of the house, my husband started mentioning having more kids ... What? Was he crazy? He kept mentioning it, so after much prayer on my part, I felt the Lord said to my heart that I didn’t have a right to keep that area from my husband because I was still pretty young. One problem ... my tubes were tied. Well, I got a tubal reversal at 36 years old, and within 2 months I was pregnant with my son, Noah. Then came Anna ... Then Sarah... It was truly a miracle. So now I’m old and tired, but having lots of fun! :)

Join me at:
Faith Filled Food for Moms and Grandmothers


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.