Sunday, April 22, 2012

In the Spotlight: Lee from My Pre-Divorce Chronicles and A Random Act of Love

Welcome to the weekly series, “In the Spotlight,” on Susan Heim on Parenting! Each Sunday, I post a fun interview with a blogger so you can get to know her or him better. Lee from My Pre-Divorce Chronicles and A Random Act of Love is this week’s featured blogger! If you’re a blogger and would like to be “in the spotlight,” please email me at smhparent [at] hotmail [dot] com with your name, blog name, and URL. Put “In the Spotlight” in the subject line. Now, here’s Lee!

What is your earliest childhood memory?
My earliest childhood memory is when I was about four years old ... sitting in this little white rocking chair, sucking my thumb with my blankie and watching TV. My mother bustling around with her beehive hairdo. I’m showing my age here, but that’s okay. Times were so much simpler then. It’s like watching a black-and-white film reel in my head almost.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is the connecting. For people who don’t blog, it is hard for them to understand the very real connections you make with your readers and the very real friendships you make. Some of my closest and best friends I made through blogging. When I write something that connects with just one person, I feel as if I have done a great job, because for me, that is all that is about ... making that connection and just helping one person.

If you could write a book, what kind of book would it be?
I have already written one book that is all about the truths and untruths of divorce, but I think I would write a humorous look at my life. I don’t know if anyone would buy it, but it would make me laugh. I take that back, my mother would buy it.

What was your “label” (brain, jock, socialite, etc.) in high school?
I never did like labels, and because I have always flown under the radar, never got “labeled,” which has always suited me just fine! I believe you need to be just who you are, and not what people think you should be!

What food would you find difficult to give up if you were stranded on a desert island?
Starbucks. Is that a food group?

Do you collect anything? Tell us about it!
I collect tee shirts from all the places I’ve been. They have to be XX Large in size and they have to have the name of the place, not the hotel. I also NEVER get rid of them, even though some have some pretty big holes in them!

Have you ever done anything really embarrassing?
Um ...Yes. Who hasn’t? And, if they tell you they haven’t, they are not being honest! The trick is to always laugh at yourself. I laugh at myself constantly.

What TV show do you never miss watching and why?
Don’t tell anyone, but my guilty pleasure is any and all of the Real Housewives shows. It’s like a train wreck. You want to look away, but you just can’t. I am fascinated by all the hair, fake boobs, gross display of wealth and cattiness. It’s my bad habit, and watching them makes me feel really good about all the drama going on in my own life!

If you could have done anything else in life besides what you’re doing now, what would it have been?
If I had grown another two feet, I would have loved to have lived in NYC and been a model, but alas, genetics were against me!

What is your favorite time of day and why?
My favorite time of day is EARLY morning, before the kids and dog are awake. The house is quiet, and I can come downstairs, check my email, surf the internet, enjoy my coffee and just have some real quiet. It’s my best time to think!

About me:
I am a mid-life, menopausal, migraine-laden mother-of-two who has a master’s degree from the University of Been-There-Done-That Twice and a bachelor’s degree with a double major in divorce and lessons learned.

I enjoy alliteration, Mad Men, Big Bang, mixed breeds, vanilla lattes, red wine, and my kids when they aren’t killing each other. I am no stranger to the Internet, blogging or snarcasm and have been practicing some longer than others, and some better than others.

I am a divorce and life coach, and am currently reinventing myself yet again as I separate from husband number 3. I was blogging about life after divorce, but due to my own unforeseen circumstances, you can now find me blogging about My Pre-Divorce Chronicles. The ups, downs, ins and outs of separation without knowing what is going to happen next. I am also going to be starting a 360-day experiment called A Random Act of Love, which will be coming soon!

You can find me on Twitter at

1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes, Lee is AWESOME! Clever questions. AND it is important to be yourself. I like that answer Lee. And I too also like the connecting with other bloggers. It's cool.
    Thanks for doing a spotlight on such a fine lady!


Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.