Sunday, April 29, 2012

In the Spotlight: Becca from The ABC KidZ

Welcome to the weekly series, “In the Spotlight,” on Susan Heim on Parenting! Each Sunday, I post a fun interview with a blogger so you can get to know her or him better. Becca from The ABC KidZ is this week’s featured blogger! If you’re a blogger and would like to be “in the spotlight,” please email me at smhparent [at] hotmail [dot] com with your name, blog name, and URL. Put “In the Spotlight” in the subject line. Now, here’s Becca from The ABC KidZ!

1. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Buy a big house, so that my husband and I can foster and possibly adopt more children. We would make it super eco-friendly, and also purchase eco-friendly cars.

2. What items are in your purse?
I have a purse/diaper bag combo, so you’ll find my wallet, cell phone, pens, and gum, but then I also have diapers, potty covers, and snacks in there!

3. What are the best and worst things about being a parent?
Best: I love hearing my kids laugh and play. Worst: Realizing that I’m not the most patient person that I thought that I was! But God is growing and changing me through this experience for the better. :)

4. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them!
Yes, we have one dog named Buckner. He’s a Boston/Jack Russell Terrier mix. He was our first baby, so he’s super spoiled! But he’s a wonderful dog and really good with the kids.

5. What was the last movie you saw that made you laugh out loud?
Not sure, but my all-time favorite comedy is Dumb & Dumber. It still makes me laugh out loud even though I’ve seen it tons of times!

6. What is your favorite way to celebrate Mother’s Day?
Being with family and getting spoiled by my husband. (The kids are too young to spoil me themselves.)

7. Who is your celebrity crush and why?
Probably Brad Pitt. I don’t care too much about celebrities, but I’ve always thought that he is one of the most beautiful men on earth (besides my hubby, of course!).

8. What are your favorite and least favorite household chores?
Favorite? I can’t say any chore is my favorite, but I prefer to clean the bathrooms. I’m very OCD, so I make sure it shines in there when I’m done! Least favorite: taking out the trash/recycling. I’ll make things fit in there just so I don’t have to walk them to the bins outside!

9. Would you eat a worm for $1,000?
Hmmm, probably not. I’m a little scared of worms, which is why I’ve been putting off getting my composting bin started. But my sister-in-law is giving me free worms, so now I have no excuse!

10. If you won a dream vacation, where would you love to go?
I’d like to get to Ireland since I’m Irish, but I’d also like to go on a cruise -- anywhere! I’ve never been on a cruise, and I hear they’re amazing. :)

About me: Becca is a stay-at-home mom to three kids ages 3 & under. She reviews family-friendly products and hosts giveaways. She’s passionate about green and frugal living, and is a social justice advocate for women and children worldwide.



Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.