Thursday, April 19, 2012

Enter the Tropicana Pure Premium 100% Pure Florida Orange Juice Perfect Pick Sweepstakes for the Chance to Visit a Florida Orange Grove! #TropFloridaOJ

When I was growing up in Michigan, our family often came to Florida early in the year to find some sunshine after a long winter! I have many fond memories of our trips to Florida. We loved to go to the beach. The particular beach we went to had big rocks along the edge, and we would stand on them and cast our fishing poles into the water. We caught silly fish that we called “grunts” and “puffer fish,” and my sister and I would squeal with glee whenever we pulled up a fish. They weren’t good for eating, so we’d always let them go back into the water, but the joy was in the catching and listening to those fish making grunting noises or puff up like a balloon! We also knew to watch out for the jellyfish, which could turn a great fishing experience into a not-so-pleasant one.

Thanks to my wonderful trips to Florida, I always dreamed of living in the Sunshine State, and I got my wish when I graduated from college! I moved to south Florida and am still here, 25 years later. I can’t believe I’ve been here for that long! I still love it here and feel blessed that I get to live in paradise all year round. There are plenty of things to do here besides fishing, of course, but one thing that I’ve never done is visit an orange grove!

Most people probably know that Florida is the home of Tropicana Pure Premium 100% Pure Florida Orange Juice! But I bet you didn’t know that they’ve been growing oranges in Florida since the 1560s -- that’s more than 140 years before any other U.S. state! Now, Tropicana hasn’t been around that long, of course, but some of their current grower relationships go back as far as the 1960s. In fact, Tropicana is the single largest buyer of Florida fruit. They buy approximately 11.6 billion oranges from Florida each year and use groves in 22 different Florida counties, primarily in central and southern Florida. Thanks to the different microclimates and soil types, fruit reaches peak maturity at different times, which allows Tropicana to harvest ripe fruit throughout the entire growing season. You’ve probably noticed in your local grocery store that there are all kinds of different oranges. The two major orange types in Tropicana Pure Premium (TPP) are Valencia and Hamlin. Valencias typically have more intense color and flavor; Hamlins are generally sweeter. Therefore, they each add unique characteristics to the TPP blend.

I love reading about our Florida history, and especially about Tropicana’s part in it. Now I’m really interested in visiting an orange grove! Fortunately, Tropicana is hosting a sweepstakes that will give a family of four the opportunity to win a fabulous trip to Florida! One winner will get a trip to a Florida orange grove and invite three (3) guests for: round-trip airfare for four (4) to Florida, and a three (3) night stay at a Florida hotel. The winner will also have an exclusive experience at a Florida orange grove. In addition, ninety-nine (99) winners will get a one-year supply of orange juice in the form of twelve (12) coupons for 59 oz Tropicana Pure Premium® containers. To enter, just click on the button below to “like” Tropicana on Facebook, and then head on over to Tropicana’s Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/Tropicana, click on the “sweeps” tab and enter the sweepstakes!


I’m confident that your family’s next trip to Florida will create some wonderful memories for you, just as they did for my family when I was a kid. I hope to see you at the beach and on a tour of a Florida orange grove! And don’t forget to pick up some Tropicana Pure Premium orange juice at the grocery store for a taste of Florida at home.




DISCLOSURE: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tropicana blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.