Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Celebrate Mother’s Day with eBay!

Mother’s Day will soon be here, and this holiday holds a very special memory for me. Many years ago, on a Mother’s Day, my (future) husband proposed to me! With my two oldest sons in attendance (the other two weren’t born yet), he whipped out a gorgeous diamond ring and asked all of us to marry him. So sweet! So, needless to say, that was a very special Mother’s Day for me. Since then, we’ve kept Mother’s Day fairly low-key. My husband will usually cook breakfast for me (my favorite: Eggs Benedict) and present a gift or two from the kids. I can always tell when my husband’s looking for gifts because he spends a lot of time on eBay! Did you know that 70% of the items found on eBay are new? This past Christmas, I received a new camera from Santa Claus, so I know my hubby’s been scouring eBay for lenses. I have a feeling I’ll be receiving one this Mother’s Day. Hurray!

If your spouse or children are on the hunt for Mothers Day gifts for you, just steer them over to eBay! They’ve created an awesome gift guide this year that contains beautiful items like jewelry, bags, electronics, and more. Your family can even purchase a gift card from eBay so you can pick out something special at your leisure. Just visit for some great ideas!

In addition, eBay has launched several sweepstakes this year to celebrate Mom and give everyone a chance to win awesome prizes! Check out these links between now and Mother’s Day:

• Facebook Photo Sweeps:
• Twitter Sweeps:
• Pinterest Pin It Sweeps:

But the fun doesn’t end there! eBay is also hosting an amazing Mother’s Day Twitter Party on May 1 from 12-2pm PST. Join eBay employees, Splash Creative Media founders, Mommy Bloggers, and Tweeps to chat about Mother’s Day memories. And, of course, there are lots of fun prizes up grabs! The Twitter Party is being held at: You can find details and RSVP at

Finally, as a special treat, eBay has created the terrific video below. eBay’s favorite mother-daughter duo is back with a Mother’s Day message -- with a unique eBay twist. They peek in on the complicated mother/daughter relationship and find a funny, heartwarming story that demonstrates how sometimes everything that drives you crazy about your mom is also what sometimes makes you love her even more. I love this video. Check it out below:

[Email subscribers, please click on the title of this post to access the video online.]

Don’t forget: Mother’s Day is May 13th! It will be here before you know it. Head over to eBay to pick up something special for all the moms in your life. Their Mother’s Day gift guide is a great way to find the perfect present for someone you love.

1 comment:

  1. I heart's on my list of go to stops when I need to find the best price or hard to find items.
    Popping in and joining you from the Mama Zone's Make it a Home giveaway event.


Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.