Sunday, March 11, 2012

In the Spotlight: Daisy from

Welcome to the weekly series, “In the Spotlight,” on Susan Heim on Parenting! Each Sunday, I post a fun interview with a blogger so you can get to know her or him better. Daisy from is this week’s featured blogger! If you’re a blogger and would like to be “in the spotlight,” please email me at smhparent [at] hotmail [dot] com with your name, blog name, and URL. Put “In the Spotlight” in the subject line. Now, here’s Daisy from!

Besides blogging, tell us about another passion of yours!

My passion is to serve God and serve others. I also love to sing and dance hip hop (not at the same time, of course) – I’ve always dreamed about one day dancing for a pro dance team like the Los Angeles Lakers Cheerleaders or the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders!

What is the most challenging thing you have ever done?

Becoming a Corporate Recruiter without any formal training or a college degree. I had to really prove to my employer that I could do the job, regardless of my shortcomings. It took over a year to show them that I could take initiatives and be a consultant to the managers and executives within the organization, but I accomplished my goal! And I am happy to say I love being a Corporate Recruiter!

If you could write a book, what kind of book would it be?

It would definitely be a memoir of my own life. I have been through it all! From becoming a teen mom through experiencing poverty, then climbing my way back to the top and making a six figure income -- my life is a storybook filled with adventures that I would love to share with the world and hope to encourage others who feel hopeless with their situations.

What is your favorite family meal to make or your favorite food?

My ultimate family meal creation is my famous Italian Style Spaghetti (it costs $5 to feed a family of six)! The kids look forward to me making it once or twice a month, and there’s still MORE left over to where my husband and I can pack it for lunch the next day. Here’s the link to my recipe:

What was your wedding like?

That is so funny you ask this! Our wedding was small and intimate -- back then there was never a dream proposal, an engagement party, a “Save the Date,” or a dream wedding. Just two people in love. We promised each other that it didn’t matter that we didn’t do things in order, and we would make each other’s dreams come true one day! And it happened YESTERDAY (03/10/2012) -- my husband of four years surprised me on one knee during sunset at Santa Monica Beach, California, with the most amazing and surprising proposal! It goes to show that it is never too late to make another’s dreams come true! Up next is our dream destination wedding! (You can see a photo of the ring above.)

About me:
Corporate Recruiter for a global gaming organization by day, and The ‘It’-Mom by night -- I somehow manage to balance it all: full-time career, my love for blogging, couponing, four children, and the most amazing husband any woman could want! wants to help others achieve the balancing act of life! We are a FREE resource to saving our readers time and money every day by finding top coupons, deals, freebies, surveys, and giveaways so that you can focus on more important things in YOUR life! We often review and try out new products that we share with all of our readers, too, so they’re up-to-date on modern trends.

Vote for Us! 2012 Leading Moms In Business Competition:


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.