About Chop, Chop: (Chop, Chop Series, Book 1), by L.N. Cronk
Ever since Laci was a little girl, she's been growing out her pretty brown hair and chopping it off to send to Locks of Love. When Greg moves into town and finds out what she's doing, he thinks it's a great idea ... so he starts doing it, too! It's just one of the things that reserved, young David must tolerate as their friendship grows throughout the years. As they near adulthood, they grow not only closer to each other, but closer to God as well. David finds himself content in every way, but when tragedy strikes, David must struggle to find his way back to God. Chop, Chop is a stand-alone novel that does not leave you hanging. However, it is the first book in a series of eight for readers who wish to follow David further.
Winner of an Honorable Mention at the 2008 Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference!
[Email subscribers, please click on the title of this post to view the video online.]
About the Author:
Leeann Cronk is the author of more than eight contemporary Christian fiction novels, including the award-winning Chop,Chop. In addition to writing, Leeann is also an educator and enjoys speaking. Visit her website for more information about the sequels to Chop, Chop, teacher's resources, videos and author presentations. Like Chop, Chop on Facebook. Don't forget to follow LN Cronk on Twitter also. You can find the electronic version of Chop, Chop at Barnes and Noble or Amazon for free.
Review by Mom Does Reviews:
From the first pages of Chop, Chop, I was hooked. Laci, Greg, David and their families take us to a real-life situation that could happen anywhere. Love, hurt, fun, temptations and tragedy all kept me turning page after page. I laughed and cried right along with the characters. The plot kept me on the edge of my seat and reading for hours so I could find out what God was going to do in David's life. This story came at a time in my life when I needed to be reminded that life has its ups and downs, but God is always in control. Thank you, Leeann, for sharing from your heart!
My favorite part of Chop, Chop: Leeann incorporates humor in the everyday lives of the characters. I love the pranks the boys tried to pull on Laci. The Outhouse, an ice-fishing incident, kept me laughing. Every time I see a bottle of shampoo, I can't help but imagine Greg and David getting soaked!
What I loved about Chop, Chop:
- It's the best Christian fiction book I have read! It made me question my faith and renew my relationship with God.
- After finishing Chop, Chop, I immediately went to the Kindle store and bought Day, Day!
- It was so easy to read. There were a few plot lines going, but it was easy to follow.
- The characters are fascinating and unique, yet so easy to relate to. I became very attached to the characters!
- Laci and David have a romantic chemistry going that keeps the hopeless romantic in me turning page after page.
- Leann shares her faith through the characters' everyday lives, troubles and temptations, yet it's far from preachy.
- The descriptions of each character and each setting are so vivid that they took me away. I love a book that you can't put down and don't want to leave the pages!
- I loved how Leeann incorporated a great charity, Locks of Love, into the entire book (hence the name).
- The most important message of all: God's forgiveness is the most powerful part of Chop, Chop. It made me remember that just one person can make a difference!
Special thanks to the author for donating a signed copy of Chop, Chop for 1 lucky winner. Giveaway open to US only. Giveaway ends 3/15/12 at 12:01 am. Enter on the easy Rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of this review. However, all opinions are my own and I only recommend products/books that will benefit my readers. ~ Pam of Mom Does Reviews