Sunday, February 05, 2012

In the Spotlight: Sheri of One Busy Moma

Welcome to the new series on Susan Heim on Parenting called “In the Spotlight”! Each Sunday I’ll be posting an interview with a blogger so you can get to know her or him better. Sheri from “One Busy Moma” is this week’s featured blogger! If you’d like to be included in this feature, please email me at smhparent [at] hotmail [dot] com with your name, blog name, and URL. Put “In the Spotlight” in the subject line. Now, here’s Sheri from One Busy Moma!

What is the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken?
The most memorable vacation I have taken would have to be last year in February 2011. I went to Kansas for a week to see a friend of mine. I took a bus (18 hours there and 18 hours back). It was the first time I had ever been over that way, and I had a blast!

Tell us something unusual or funny about your wedding!
I got married in my back yard, and one of the funniest things is that the best man’s phone started ringing right in the middle of my husband and I saying our vows. lol

Do you have any pets? Tell us about them!
I have 3 dogs:
Rocky is an American Pit Bull Mix -- he is our big horse
Lady is a full-blooded Boxer -- she is our big baby
And Belle is a Schitz-a-pooh -- she is my shadow and follows me everywhere
Then my husband has his cats -- he has 5 cats and they are named Ghatto, Gattoo, Popcorn, Boots, and Chubs
My son has his own cat, too, and his name is Sal

Do you have a signature recipe that you love to make?
I do -- I make the best potato casserole, and you can find the recipe HERE.

What was high school like for you?
I didn’t like high school. I struggled a lot -- of course, it didn’t help that I lost my father when I was 16 (he died from sleep apnea), and I had to move to a strange place and live with my mother. (They were divorced, and I lived with my dad up to this point). I ended up dropping out two weeks into my 11th grade year and then got my GED a year later.

If you could drive any car (or vehicle) without considering cost, what would you buy?
I would love to have a Chevy Avalanche.

What has been the biggest challenge of your life?
The biggest challenge in my life is just overcoming the struggles that my family has been through for the last 5 years and that we continue to go through today. We have not had an easy time, and with me being the sole support of a family of 5 on a part-time income, it makes it even worse. So it is a challenge every day to just keep going.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would change my hair! I hate my hair.

If you heard that NASA was recruiting bloggers to go to the International Space Station, would you apply?
No, I probably would not because I am super afraid of heights, and I wouldn’t want to be away from my family.

Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
I am an introvert.
I am quite reserved.
I am not afraid of social situations...
But I very much prefer to go it alone.
And why not? I am my own best friend!

About me: You can find out all about me and my blog by clicking HERE.

One Busy Moma:


  1. That potato casserole sounds so yummy!

  2. Great interview, Susan. And nice to meet you, Sheri! :)

  3. It is so great to get to know more about fellow WAHMs, thanks so much for this Susan.


Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.