Saturday, February 04, 2012

Exclusive Interview with H.L. Watson, Author of “Birth of the Half Elves”

What is this book about?

Birth of the Half Elves is an action/fantasy novel with a great deal of romance. The story takes place when Donovan (one of the main characters) is kidnapped by slave Raiders and seems to be destined for a life of slavery and hardship. But his fate changes when an Elven commander intervenes on his behalf and begins training him in the ways of the elves. Donovan eventually grows up into a man, and his life is changed yet again by a brutal series of events that causes him to leave the forest he now calls home. He goes on a journey to save a kidnapped princess and is met with difficult trials along the way that he must overcome to get her safely back home. The two characters eventually fall for each other in a way that is unexpected, and they grow closer to each other as their journey continues.

How did you get the idea for this book?

I first came up with the concept of the World of Ryyah when I was in my early twenties and began thinking up interesting in-detail background stories for a videogame concept. As the years went on, I adopted many of my early concepts into what is now known as The Elven Age Saga book series.

Is this your first book? If not, what else have you written?

Yes, this is my first book. I started writing last year for the first time, and I was quite honestly surprised by it because I had never written anything before or even ever attempted anything along these lines. In truth, I feel I owe a great deal of my newfound ability to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, without whom I don’t believe I could have accomplished what I have. He has truly blessed me beyond my abilities to truly express in words. I am very grateful to Him.

Why did you decide to write a book in this genre?

The main reason is because I have always been a fan of the sci-fi and fantasy genre. When I was younger, I would often daydream about my own fantasy world filled with different races and creatures of all kinds and types. Eventually, I decided to stop daydreaming and do something about it, and World of Ryyah is the direct result of my activity.

Do you plan a sequel or future books?

Yes, I do. Birth of the Half Elves is just the first book in a six-part epic, The Elven Age Saga.

Do you have a website? How can we order this book?

Yes, I do. Anyone who’s interested can visit This website is dedicated to informing visitors about all the aspects of the cultures that exist within the World of Ryyah. Here, you can expand your knowledge about the characters and places you discover in the books of The Elven Age Saga, as well as purchase any book or product available for sale. Readers can also find the book at many participating retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and many others.

Thank you very much for having me. It’s been a pleasure.


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.