Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Learn More About Your Vision with Educational Tools from Zeiss!

I’ve worn eyeglasses since I was a teenager, so I know how important it is to be educated about vision problems, eye exams, lenses, and more. At Zeiss, they also believe that everyone should have this type of information. In fact, they provide some excellent educational tools on their site to help eyeglass wearers better understand eye exams, vision correction needs, and lenses. Their articles include:

1. Facts to know about vision and lenses
2. Tips for selecting an eye doctor
3. Questions to ask at your next eye appointment
4. Facts to know about age-related vision changes

I really learned a lot from these articles. For example, I found out that difficulty in seeing objects up close is a normal part of aging and is called presbyopia. I also found out that there are 5 kinds of lenses I should discuss with my eye doctor for presbyopia: reading, single vision, bifocal, trifocal, and progressive.

Carl Zeiss Vision has plenty of experience in the field of eyecare -- Carl Zeiss founded his first optical workshop in 1846! Since then, astronauts used Zeiss lenses to photograph the first moon landing, and Google Earth cameras use Zeiss lenses! Zeiss lenses are also used in microscopes and movie cameras to film movies such as one of my favorites, The King’s Speech.

If you have questions about your vision or are in the market for eyeglasses, I hope you’ll join the 200 million people around the world who wear eyeglass lenses from Carl Zeiss Vision. Be sure to check out the Zeiss educational tools on their site as a starting point for learning more about your eyes and your vision.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.