Sunday, January 15, 2012

In the Spotlight: Nicole from Some Call It Natural

Today marks the beginning of a new series on Susan Heim on Parenting called “In the Spotlight”! Each Sunday I’ll be posting an interview with a blogger so you can get to know her or him better. Nicole from Some Call It Natural graciously agreed to be the very first blogger to be put “In the Spotlight”! If you’d like to be included in this feature, please email me at smhparent [at] hotmail [dot] com with your name, blog name, and URL. Put “In the Spotlight” in the subject line. Now, here’s Nicole from Some Call It Natural!

Tell us about your most embarrassing moment ever!
Honestly, I don't really know. I can't think of a specific time. In general, I get embarrassed when I put my foot in my mouth. It's so hard when you realize you have said something that you can't take back and then you spend the next few moments trying to dig yourself out, but it's too late!

If you could have done anything else in life besides what you’re doing now, what would it have been?
I really think I would have enjoyed acting.

Who is your celebrity crush and why?
If my husband is reading this, then my answer is "What do you mean celebrity crush? No one is as handsome as my husband!" And while that is true, I don't mind watching movies with Bradley Cooper or Matthew McConaughey.

Tell us something unique about yourself that people may not know.
Well, if I told you, then people would know it, right? That kind of defeats the purpose. :)

Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they and do they have special significance?
No tattoos ... I can't wrap my head around putting ink on my body that I can't ever take off. I don't care if others do. It's just not for me.

If you won a billion dollars, what would you do with it?
A billion dollars ... that's a hard one. A million would have been an easier question. With a million, I would buy a very nice home, buy an office and have two new cars. And go on a couple of vacations. I would also give some money to a few family members. I know that doesn't sound like a lot of stuff for a million dollars, but my dream home isn't cheap. :) With a billion dollars, I would do all those things AND I would also give money to every family member I have. Aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. And friends too! Not sure how much for each person ... I would have to do some math to figure that out. Then, I would give to all the organizations I want to support. I have quite a few charities that I would love to give money to, as well as churches. However, before I did all of that, I would make sure to hire a financial advisor/accountant and he/she would help me determine how to invest some of the money so that I would never have to worry about money ever again. There have been studies done that show that a certain (high) percentage of people who win the lottery, one year later, are in the same financial situation they were in prior to winning. I don't want to be a part of that statistic.


About me: I am a stay-at-home mom of 3 sweeties. We are a home schooling family. We are “natural” by most people’s definitions. We don’t vaccinate; there are no drugs in our house (unless you count coffee and chocolate); our son is intact; I had all 3 kids at home; the only doctors I see are chiropractors and dentists; I bring my own bags to stores (not just grocery stores); our meals are from scratch for the most part; and, anything that is packaged that comes in the house must pass the ingredient list inspection. In general, we just try to do everything as natural as possible when it comes to health and parenting. All of this is why I chose the name of my blog to be “Some Call It Natural” ... because by a lot of people's interpretations, these things would be considered “natural.” However, for my family and some friends, this is just “normal.” On my blog, you will find anything from family happenings, home school adventures, giveaways, and information on how to live more naturally. Please stop by and say “Hi!.”

Some Call It Natural:


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.