Sunday, January 22, 2012

In the Spotlight: Cyndy of Mama Does It All

Welcome to the new series on Susan Heim on Parenting called “In the Spotlight”! Each Sunday I’ll be posting an interview with a blogger so you can get to know her or him better. Cyndy from “Mama Does It All” is this week’s featured blogger! If you’d like to be included in this feature, please email me at smhparent [at] hotmail [dot] com with your name, blog name, and URL. Put “In the Spotlight” in the subject line. Now, here’s Cyndy from Mama Does It All!

What is your earliest childhood memory?
I remember going to Disney World when I was 7 and meeting Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse, It’s A Small World, the Tea Cups and the Electric Light Parade have always stuck out to me.

Do you collect anything?
I have a small collection of birdhouse ornaments that I bring out every Christmas. It has been awhile since I added to the collection and it’s strange that I collect them as I am terrified of birds! It started accidentally at a sale at Yankee Candle in Deerfield, MA after Christmas one year and just grew from there.

If you could be any Star Wars character, which one would it be and why?
Han Solo was always my favorite. I think it was his strength and lack of confidence put together that got me. Plus, I was a girl and, let’s face it, Harrison Ford was a hottie.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
Mean people. I’m not perfect, but I try not to judge. I think the world would be a whole lot happier place if we all stopped judging.

What superpower would you like to have and why?
I’d love the ability to travel at warp speed sometimes -- not all of the time because I think part of the beauty of life is in the journey, but sometimes it would be nice.

What items are in your purse?
My wallet, a notepad for anything that comes to mind or for Gwen to draw at a restaurant, my phone, my keys, receipts, hand sanitizer, tissues, my 1-year sobriety chip, a small makeup bag with just a few necessities.

Who has inspired you most in life?
It’s a hard choice, but I think my husband is the one who has inspired me the most. I have learned a great deal about having faith, the meaning of love, the strength of the human spirit and just how much fun life can be. I’ve found the joy of having someone’s love and support in a way I didn’t know was possible.

If your parents had given you a name like Smelly Picklebottom, would you have changed it or flaunted your unique name?
I’m just silly enough that I probably would have flaunted it.

What is your favorite song and why?
It’s hard to pick an absolute favorite but I will try. “Green and Red of Mayo” by The Saw Doctors is definitely up there, and I love everything by them.

What are you most afraid of?
I’m most afraid of not trying -- not taking a risk.

About me: Mama Does It All was launched in January 2012 and is growing quickly. I blog because I love to write, and I think I bring a certain uniqueness to the blogging sphere. Born and raised in Massachusetts, I have lived in Ireland, Connecticut and Rhode Island before landing in Texas in 2005. I received my BA in Marketing from Elms College in Massachusetts and my MBA from Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland. I spent nearly 15 years in the Human Resources field in the manufacturing and IT industries, have done some freelance writing, and have owned a small business with my husband. I am a wife, a mother and a stepmother. All of that coupled with life experience has given me my own unique perspective on the world, and it is that perspective that gives Mama Does It All its unique flavor.

Mama Does It All:


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.