Friday, January 20, 2012

An ABC Award, My Acceptance Speech, and Awesome Bloggers!

Are you a follower of Pamela Zimmer at Stories of a Mom? You definitely need to check out her insightful and awesome blog! I’m a new fan, but after reading through her posts, I knew I had to become a subscriber. Pamela and I have a lot in common because not only are we both raising boys, but she is also a published writer. You can find her story in the book, Get Your Woman On! Embracing Beauty, Grace & The Power of Women. So, you can imagine my excitement when I found out that she had awarded me an Awesome Blog Content (ABC) Award!

I’m told that as part of my “acceptance speech” I need to tell you seven things that you might not know about me. Wow, that’s tough! But here’s what I managed to come up with…

1. I’m an introvert. A party invitation fills me with dread! I love it when my calendar shows no social obligations for the day so I can relax at home without the need to make conversation. I am truly a recluse!

2. I love to travel. This may seem like a contradiction to #1 above, but even though I’m not a “people person,” I love to learn and explore new places. I’d accept a ticket to just about anyplace as long as it’s safe. My retirement dream is to explore the world!

3. I want to be a student again. I’ve always regretted not getting my master’s degree after I finished my bachelor’s. I’m actually jealous of my two sons who are now in college! So, I’m thinking about heading back to class to get that advanced degree.

4. I collect squashed pennies. Everywhere I go, I look for those machines that allow you to insert a penny, which gets flattened and imprinted with a scene from the place I’m visiting (Disney, Kennedy Space Center, etc.). Why do I collect them? I have no idea! Probably because they’re the cheapest souvenir in the often over-priced gift shop. (They’re usually 51 cents apiece!)

5. I like (nonpoisonous) snakes. I wouldn’t own one because I think they deserve to stay in the wild, but when I have an opportunity to hold a snake, I volunteer. They feel soft and silky to the touch. When I was a little girl, I actually brought home a garter snake I found that had been slightly injured. My mother was not amused.

6. I love to be warm. Being cold makes me miserable. I moved to Florida 25 years ago, and I love it here. Of course, there are downsides (like any place), but I don’t miss scraping ice off my car, putting on 12 layers of clothes, driving in blizzards, etc. And wool makes me itch!

7. I’m a picky eater. I’m basically a meat, potatoes, and chocolate gal. I wish I liked salads and vegetables, but I just don’t. I firmly believe that we’re programmed with different taste buds. To my husband, all chocolate tastes bitter. To me, it’s sweet! He loves veggies, but I don’t think they taste the same way for me. It’s a curse because I have a hard time choosing recipes that don’t have ingredients I dislike.

And now to pass this award on to other bloggers who also provide Awesome Blog Content! These ladies always make me smile, and I never miss a day of checking out their great blogs.


Frugal Plus – Jill was the first person I thought of when it came time to hand out this award. She is the most supportive blogger I know! It doesn’t matter what favor I ask of her; Jill never says “no.” I love that she’s so non-competitive and does whatever she can to help me and other bloggers succeed.


Three Times the Giggles – Like me, Helen is a mom of multiples (she has triplet boys, plus a baby girl). I wish my blog was more like hers – filled with amusing stories about her family and her gorgeous photography. Her recent blog about insecurity really a touched a cord with me, too.

Mom Spotted
Mom Spotted – Jenne and I are both moms of boys, and I was especially moved by her recent post about gender disappointment because I could really relate to her feelings when I was pregnant with my boys.

Blessed Beyond Words
Blessed Beyond Words – I started following Angie back when her blog was known as 5 Vinez Monkeys. With the addition of baby #6, she’s truly blessed! I hope you’ll check out her wonderful parenting wisdom, product reviews, and great personality!

JANBbutton
Just Another New Blog – Dina’s blog is another that I’ve been following for a long time. She always has great content and giveaways. I think she needs to change her blog’s name to “An Awesome Blog”!

Of course, there are many more blogs that I love and highly recommend, but the ladies above are truly worth following! Thanks again to Pamela from Stories of a Mom for this prestigious award!

3 comments:

  1. What an Awesome way to start my Friday out here on the West Coast! Thank you Susan for all your kind words. Your blog is one of my daily go-to Favorites too! You have such Great daily content!

    I'm off to proudly display my Award and check out the other blogs mentioned :)

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww.... thank you! I appreciate it. Have an AWESOME weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great acceptance speech! I am excited to check out your recommendations. Thanks for the love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.