Stories of a Mom? You definitely need to check out her insightful and awesome blog! I’m a new fan, but after reading through her posts, I knew I had to become a subscriber. Pamela and I have a lot in common because not only are we both raising boys, but she is also a published writer. You can find her story in the book, Get Your Woman On! Embracing Beauty, Grace & The Power of Women. So, you can imagine my excitement when I found out that she had awarded me an Awesome Blog Content (ABC) Award!
I’m told that as part of my “acceptance speech” I need to tell you seven things that you might not know about me. Wow, that’s tough! But here’s what I managed to come up with…
1. I’m an introvert. A party invitation fills me with dread! I love it when my calendar shows no social obligations for the day so I can relax at home without the need to make conversation. I am truly a recluse!
3. I want to be a student again. I’ve always regretted not getting my master’s degree after I finished my bachelor’s. I’m actually jealous of my two sons who are now in college! So, I’m thinking about heading back to class to get that advanced degree.
4. I collect squashed pennies. Everywhere I go, I look for those machines that allow you to insert a penny, which gets flattened and imprinted with a scene from the place I’m visiting (Disney, Kennedy Space Center, etc.). Why do I collect them? I have no idea! Probably because they’re the cheapest souvenir in the often over-priced gift shop. (They’re usually 51 cents apiece!)
6. I love to be warm. Being cold makes me miserable. I moved to Florida 25 years ago, and I love it here. Of course, there are downsides (like any place), but I don’t miss scraping ice off my car, putting on 12 layers of clothes, driving in blizzards, etc. And wool makes me itch!
7. I’m a picky eater. I’m basically a meat, potatoes, and chocolate gal. I wish I liked salads and vegetables, but I just don’t. I firmly believe that we’re programmed with different taste buds. To my husband, all chocolate tastes bitter. To me, it’s sweet! He loves veggies, but I don’t think they taste the same way for me. It’s a curse because I have a hard time choosing recipes that don’t have ingredients I dislike.
And now to pass this award on to other bloggers who also provide Awesome Blog Content! These ladies always make me smile, and I never miss a day of checking out their great blogs.
Frugal Plus – Jill was the first person I thought of when it came time to hand out this award. She is the most supportive blogger I know! It doesn’t matter what favor I ask of her; Jill never says “no.” I love that she’s so non-competitive and does whatever she can to help me and other bloggers succeed.
Three Times the Giggles – Like me, Helen is a mom of multiples (she has triplet boys, plus a baby girl). I wish my blog was more like hers – filled with amusing stories about her family and her gorgeous photography. Her recent blog about insecurity really a touched a cord with me, too.
Mom Spotted – Jenne and I are both moms of boys, and I was especially moved by her recent post about gender disappointment because I could really relate to her feelings when I was pregnant with my boys.
Blessed Beyond Words – I started following Angie back when her blog was known as 5 Vinez Monkeys. With the addition of baby #6, she’s truly blessed! I hope you’ll check out her wonderful parenting wisdom, product reviews, and great personality!
Just Another New Blog – Dina’s blog is another that I’ve been following for a long time. She always has great content and giveaways. I think she needs to change her blog’s name to “An Awesome Blog”!
Of course, there are many more blogs that I love and highly recommend, but the ladies above are truly worth following! Thanks again to Pamela from Stories of a Mom for this prestigious award!