NEW HALLOWEEN EPISODES
Dinosaur Train: Haunted Roundhouse/Big Pond Pumpkin Patch
Premieres 10/20 on PBS Kids (check local listings); Repeats 10/24, 10/28, 10/30, 10/31
In Haunted Roundhouse, Dad takes the kids on a special Night Train to Troodon Town, where the Troodons have decorated their Roundhouse into a “haunted house” for a spooky party. The kids end up meeting a strange new nocturnal creature -- a mammal named Vlad Volaticotherium, who was hiding in the roundhouse trying to get some sleep. And in Big Pond Pumpkin Patch, the Pteranodon family learns more about the customs of their neighbors, the Lambeosaurus family, when they are invited for the first time to accompany them to the Big Pond to celebrate “Gourd Day” -- a kind of Mesozoic Halloween. The kids see their first pumpkins, and Larry Lambeosaurus even shows them how to hollow them out and carve faces into them.
Sid the Science Kid: Halloween Spooky Science Special
Premieres 10/17 on PBS Kids (check local listings); Repeats 10/25, 10/28, 10/30, 10/31
DINOSAUR TRAIN HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FROM CALIFORNIA COSTUME COLLECTIONS
Buddy is the main character on the hit TV series, Dinosaur Train. This colorful costume includes the orange-colored T-Rex jumpsuit, Buddy the dinosaur hood, and the shoe covers to match the costume. Available for toddlers ages 3-4, and children between the ages of 4-6. SRP: $34.99-39.99.
Tiny is one of the main characters on the hit TV series, Dinosaur Train. This colorful costume includes the green colored Pteranodon jumpsuit, Tiny the dinosaur hood, and green shoe covers to match the costume. Available for toddlers ages 3-4, and children between the ages of 4-6.
Each Dinosaur Train costume is made up of soft fabric to enhance a child’s comfort while wearing them. The costumes are also created in vibrant colors and realistic design patterns to make your toddler look and feel like a dinosaur train character. SRP $34.99-39.99.
MAKE YOUR OWN BUDDY AND SID COSTUMES
For those who are feeling a little adventurous, Jim Henson’s Creature Shop has created a Buddy costume that can be made at home! For sew and no-sew options, click this link. And to see a video of the sew version, click this link.
Plus, click this link to find out how you can make your own Sid the Science Kid Halloween costume!
OTHER HALLOWEEN FUN!
For a little scary Dinosaur Train Halloween fun, read The Spooky Scavenger Hunt from Grosset & Dunlap with your kids! In this picture book, Mr. Pteranodon takes Buddy and Tiny on a nighttime trip to the Big Pond for a spooky nature walk! Mr. Pteranodon and the conductor insist they can’t be scared, but when the conductor’s mom jumps out at them, everyone gets a good scare! This simple storybook is perfect for read-aloud fun! Ages 4-8; SRP $3.99.
Sid and his friends can come along while your child is trick-or-treating with this spooky candy bag that can be personalized with a name. To collect your favorite candy and goodies, check out the Sid the Science Kid Happy Halloween Black Trick-or-Treat Bag, available for $14.99, at this link.
The Jim Henson Company:
One lucky winner will receive a copy of Dinosaur Train: The Spooky Scavenger Hunt picture book! To enter, leave a comment on this post sharing what you love about Halloween! You must do this to enter the giveaway.
After fulfilling the mandatory entry above, you can earn optional, additional entries if you:
- Follow @pbskids, @hensonparents and @ParentingAuthor on Twitter. (1 entry for each up to 3 entries; leave 3 comments)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet up to 3x a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet) Tweet
- Like PBS KIDS on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Like The Jim Henson Company on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Like Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook and/or follow on Networked Blogs. (1 entry for each; leave 2 comments)
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS, Google Friend Connect and/or Kindle. Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 4 entries)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Enter another current giveaway on Susan Heim on Parenting. (1 entry per giveaway entered)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Thursday, October 20, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winner must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: kathy pease!