Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cookbook Review: The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book, by Camilla V. Saulsbury

I admit that I’m a lazy chef. If there are too many ingredients or too many steps, I won’t even attempt a recipe. With my busy schedule, food preparation has to be quick and easy. And, of course, delicious! Thus, I was so excited when I learned about the cookbook: The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book: More Than 375 Delectable Cookie Recipes That Begin with a Box of Cake Mix, by Camilla V. Saulsbury. Every single recipe begins with a box of cake mix. Since the flour and sugar and many other ingredients are already mixed into the cake mix, it saves so much time! Just add a few more ingredients, and you’ve got a fantastic cookie recipe.

Of course, the proof of a great cookbook is in actually using the recipes. So, I scrolled through the 375 mouth-watering choices and finally decided to make the Chai Spice Cookies. This recipe sounded intriguing because I love Chai Tea. The only ingredients are a package of spice cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, and slivered almonds. Ready-to-spread vanilla frosting is optional.

First, I combined the ingredients.

Then I blended them for a minute.

The next step was to spoon them onto a greased cookie sheet, top them with almonds, and bake for 9-12 minutes!

They smelled heavenly as they cooked! I took them out and slid them onto waxed paper to cool after a minute. When they were completely cooled, I microwaved some vanilla frosting and drizzled it all over the cookies. They looked amazing!

And not only did they look good, but they tasted incredible, too. I can’t believe how easy this recipe was to make, and how well my cookies turned out. I can’t wait to try out another cookie recipe made from cake mix! I could spend several years just working my way through this book. Just about every single recipe sounds scrumptious to me!

The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book is my new favorite cookbook ever. I’m already imagining the tasty cookies I’m going to bake for the holidays, bake sales, housewarming gifts, and just for fun! This book is a must-have for anyone who loves cookies, and would make an amazing holiday gift for your friends and relatives, too!


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.