Monkey Quest puts kids in charge and empowers them to chart their own adventures. And in true Nickelodeon fashion, there’s plenty of relatable kid humor to keep them engaged and entertained. Set in the land of Ook, a mysterious world where monkeys rule, players join one of five tribes and band together against one dark force that threatens them all. Promoting cooperative play and learning, kids are encouraged to work together to defeat monsters, solve puzzles or explore a variety of locations throughout the evolving virtual world.The good news is that Monkey Quest is free to play! And if your kids really get into the game and desire the full Monkey Quest experience, you can opt to sign up for a subscription plan or use NickCash for a “pay as you go” option. My boys are still exploring the land of Ook (there’s so much to do!), but so far they’re having a great time with this fun and family-friendly game. It’s challenging enough to keep them amused but not so difficult that it’s frustrating.
If your kids love online video games and you want them to have a safe and age-appropriate experience, head over to www.monkeyquest.com and click on PLAY! Encourage your kids to explore the land of Ook and go bananas!
One lucky winner will receive a Monkey Quest prize pack, which includes a Monkey Quest tote bag, a t-shirt and a hat, along with an insider’s guide to the game! (The hat and t-shirt are pictured below.) To enter, leave a comment sharing who in your family would love to play Monkey Quest! You must do this to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional, additional entries if you: (leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow @MonkeyQuest and @ParentingAuthor on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet up to 3x a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet) Tweet
- Like Monkey Quest on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Like Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook and/or follow on Networked Blogs. (1 entry for each)
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS, Google Friend Connect and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on sidebars). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 4 entries)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Enter another current giveaway on Susan Heim on Parenting. (1 entry per giveaway entered)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Thursday, September 22, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winner must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: Jolly!
DISCLOSURE: I received a game card and some promotional items from Nickelodeon and MomSelect to facilitate this review. No financial compensation was provided.