Wednesday, August 03, 2011
For the very first time, ZhuZhu Pets® will have a float in the parade, and they’d love for their “Zhu-natics” to be part of the action! CAMP BROADWAY®, the award-winning theater arts education company, is now casting 120 performance-loving kids, ages 12-16, to perform the “Quest for Zhu” original number There’s No Place Like Here™ live in the 85th Anniversary Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Surrounding the ZhuZhu Pets float, the CAMP BROADWAY performance, under the direction of Artistic Director Tony Parise, will be televised live from Herald Square surrounding the ZhuZhu Pets float, when the parade airs on NBC-TV on November 24, 2011.
Here’s some additional information about this opportunity:
• Auditions will occur around the country, coinciding with CAMP BROADWAY’s national tour.
• Auditions will be conducted as open calls. No specific time slots will be available, and there is no need to register for an audition.
• All should be prepared to learn choreography and dance. Please come in appropriate attire and footwear.
• Audition dates, times and locations are as follows:
o Wednesday, August 3 -6:30 pm New York City, Pearl Studios
o Sunday, August 7- 5:00 pm New York, Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
o Sunday August 7 -12:00 noon Providence, Rhode Island, Providence Performing Arts Center
o Saturday, August 27 -9:00am Tempe, Arizona, ASU Gammage
o Sunday, August 28 -2:00PM St. Louis, Missouri, The Muny
o Saturday, September 17 -10:00 am Jacksonville, FL, Florida Community College
• CAMP BROADWAY has created a special one-week program leading up to the parade performance, including a series of Broadway workshops, classes and rehearsals to prepare participants for the nationally televised performance. Once selected, registration fees and information will be made available to each participant.
• For more information, visit www.campbroadway.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-575-2929.
DISCLOSURE: MomSelect will enter me into a drawing for ZhuZhu Pet prizes as a thank-you for sharing this information.