Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Third Thursday Thoughts: Are You Like Your Mom?

Welcome to another edition of Third Thursday Thoughts, brought to you by the wonderful people at Hearts at Home! Every third Thursday of the month, we’ll be sharing our thoughts on the topic of the month. This month’s topic: How are you like your mom? How are you different?

How I’m Like My Mom
1. We both tend to be worriers.
2. We have the same body shape! (Facially, I think I look more like my dad. But I have the same curves in the same places as my mom.)
3. We both have good taste in decorating and clothes.
4. We both married men who are great cooks.
5. We both prefer warm climates.

How I’m Different from My Mom
1. I’m more independent. I spent nine years as a single mom. My mom got married at 19 and has been married almost 50 years!
2. My mom had two daughters within two years when she was in her early 20s. I had four sons over the span of 14 years, so our parenting experiences were very different!
3. My mom’s house is immaculate and clutter-free. Mine definitely is not!
4. I’ve always had the travel bug. I’d love to travel the world! My mom is much more of a homebody.
5. My mom is much better at planning than me. I’m more of a procrastinator.

So, what about you? How are you like your mom, and how are you different? Feel free to visit the other blogs participating in Third Thursday Thoughts for inspiration!

DISCLOSURE: All Hearts at Home bloggers will be entered into a monthly drawing to win a book. No financial compensation has been provided.


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.