In music class, everyone covers their ears when Sophie plays instruments. Clearly, she isn’t awesome at making music. Next, Sophie tries to show everyone how she can make an awesome jump from the stairs, but she falls painfully on her bottom. In the lunchroom, she tries to impress her classmates by stuffing fries into her mouth, but the principal puts a stop to it. Sophie also fails to beat the jump-rope record on the playground. Will Sophie ever become “awesome” in the eyes of her classmates? You’ll have to read the rest of the book to find out!
Sophie the Awesome is the first in a series of adventures about Sophie, who tries on various personas in each book. Is she Sophie the Hero? Or Sophie the Chatterbox? Kids will love getting to know spunky Sophie and her classmates as they navigate the school scene and learn more about themselves and each other. This illustrated chapter book is perfect for elementary school readers (Reading Level 3). My boys are heading into second grade, and this is a great level for them. As you’ll read in this book, Sophie is definitely awesome, and so is this series of books!
Sophie the Snoop, by Lara Bergen! To enter, visit www.larabergen.com and check out the other “Sophie” titles. Then leave a comment on this post with the name of another one that you or your child would like to read besides the two offered in this giveaway. You must do this to enter the giveaway.
After fulfilling the mandatory entry above, you can earn optional, additional entries if you:
- Follow @Scholastic and @ParentingAuthor on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet up to 3x a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet)
- Like Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook and/or follow on Networked Blogs. (1 entry for each)
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS, Google Friend Connect and/or Kindle. Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 4 entries)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Enter another current giveaway on Susan Heim on Parenting. (1 entry per giveaway entered)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Tuesday, July 26, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winner must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: Anonymous (email@example.com).
DISCLOSURE: I received product samples for this review, which I am donating for this giveaway. I was not financially compensated for this review and all opinions are 100% mine. The Amazon affiliate links are also mine.