Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Review: Great Wines Under $20, by Elyse Luray

Great Wines Under $20: Be the Toast of the Party Without Breaking the Bank
We have what you might call a “wine superstore” near our house, and the place is overwhelming! There are so many different kinds of wine that I don’t even know where to begin to get a decent bottle of wine at a reasonable price. But I recently came across a book that’s going to make that task so much easier!

It’s called Great Wines Under $20: An Insider’s Guide to Over 200 Noteworthy and Affordable Wines, by Elyse Luray. She’s a former Christie’s auctioneer and a host on “History Detective.” Not only does the book recommend delicious wines under $20, but it’s filled with lots of extras, such as affordable wine gifts, food pairings, wine-growing regions, directions on chilling (or not), how to read a label, and more. There’s even a listing of Winery Contacts in case you want to visit a winery! A helpful glossary defines wine-related terms, such as “breathing” and “decanting.”

The next time I plan a trip to our wine superstore, I’m going to consult Great Wines Under $20 first! That way, I know I’ll walk out of the store with a high-quality wine at a price I can afford. This book is well worth the purchase thanks to all the money I’ll save!



DISCLOSURE: A complimentary copy of this book was provided to facilitate this review. No financial compensation was provided. The Amazon links in this post are linked to my affiliate account.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.