Thursday, June 16, 2011

Third Thursday Thoughts: Advice to My Teenage Self

Welcome to the third edition of Third Thursday Thoughts, brought to you by the wonderful people at Hearts at Home! Every third Thursday of the month, we share our thoughts on the topic of the month. This month’s topic: If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing, what would you say? Now, I kind of screwed up on this one because I started making a whole list of things I wanted to tell my teenage self before I realized that the question said to name “one thing”! Ugh! So, at the risk of being thrown out of the Blog Hop, I’m sticking to my top ten. There’s just too much that I wish my teenage self had known! Here goes…
  1. Real love does not resemble a Harlequin romance novel.
  2. Smart girls do win in the end.
  3. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow up. It’s not all that great.
  4. Being a mother is a lot tougher than you think it’s going to be.
  5. Don’t worry, you will get boobs some day.
  6. You are beautiful!
  7. Nice boys make the best husbands. Bad boys will break your heart.
  8. Don’t wish you could put on weight. Some day, you’ll wish someone would call you “skeleton Susan” again!
  9. Start getting interested in sports because you’ll have 4 sons someday!
  10. Love yourself.
So, now it’s your turn. What would you like to say to your teenage self? Feel free to leave a comment below with your thoughts! Afterward, please check out the linky and visit the other bloggers who are participating in this fun Blog Hop!

DISCLOSURE: All Hearts at Home bloggers will be entered into a monthly drawing to win a book. No financial compensation has been provided and all opinions are 100% mine.


  1. Those all sound great! I'm glad I found you through the hop today--looks like a site I might have to bookmark! ;o)

  2. I love your top 10, and I think I've convinced my 16 yr old daughter that #7 is true. ;) It's SO TRUE!

    Now if I can only convince my 14 yr old son that it's the "geeks" who actually turn out to have the greatest success. ;)


Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.