Welcome to the third edition of Third Thursday Thoughts, brought to you by the wonderful people at Hearts at Home! Every third Thursday of the month, we share our thoughts on the topic of the month. This month’s topic: If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing, what would you say? Now, I kind of screwed up on this one because I started making a whole list of things I wanted to tell my teenage self before I realized that the question said to name “one thing”! Ugh! So, at the risk of being thrown out of the Blog Hop, I’m sticking to my top ten. There’s just too much that I wish my teenage self had known! Here goes…
- Real love does not resemble a Harlequin romance novel.
- Smart girls do win in the end.
- Don’t be in such a hurry to grow up. It’s not all that great.
- Being a mother is a lot tougher than you think it’s going to be.
- Don’t worry, you will get boobs some day.
- You are beautiful!
- Nice boys make the best husbands. Bad boys will break your heart.
- Don’t wish you could put on weight. Some day, you’ll wish someone would call you “skeleton Susan” again!
- Start getting interested in sports because you’ll have 4 sons someday!
- Love yourself.
DISCLOSURE: All Hearts at Home bloggers will be entered into a monthly drawing to win a book. No financial compensation has been provided and all opinions are 100% mine.