Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Take Up the Challenge to Do Good Deeds and Make “A Better World”!

I have to admit that I’m not the kind of person who plays games on Facebook. In most cases, I just don’t see the point of playing! But I was recently introduced to a game on Facebook that has more noble intentions. It’s called A Better World. The point of the game is to do good deeds. And it not only rewards you for your successes online, but also for acts of kindness and expressions of gratitude in the real world! The game is designed to inspire you to support others, make positive choices and feel better about yourself. More than 120,000 players so far have explored the 15 locations in the game, such as:

Department of Do Good: share your real world good deeds and see what other members have done

Gratitude Grotto: reveal what you’re thankful for and support other members’ messages

Sanctuary of Hope: share your hopes and dreams while encouraging other players

Arcade: play uplifting mini-games with friends or alone

Better Pets Pet Shop: find and care for a virtual pet, such as a puppy, kitten or even a unicorn!

ToonUps created A Better World in the hopes of ushering in a new era of what they call “do good gaming.” Considering that so many games encourage players to “defeat” each other, I love the goal of A Better World, which actually aims to improve players’ emotional and spiritual well-being and encourage others to do the same. Check out this trailer for the game:

[Email subscribers, please click on the title of this post to view the video online.]

A game with a higher purpose? That’s my kind of game! If you’re on Facebook, I hope you’ll check out A Better World at www.facebook.com/ABetterWorld. Create your own character and get started on doing good deeds, both virtually and in real life! It’s a win-win situation for everyone!

DISCLOSURE: I was given the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions on A Better World. I received a gift card as a thank you for my participation. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.