The active dad is a workout buff. He heads to the gym to stay in shape and loves to be outdoors, whether he is hitting the trails with his bike, going on leisurely jogs or playing a few rounds of golf on the weekends. Because he loves these activities, he has invested in quality equipment that should be protected, such as high-end ear buds for workouts, a top-of-the-line mountain bike and more. To lock up gym equipment and keep his possessions safe while working out, consider purchasing him a reliable combination lock such as the 1500iD Speed Dial ™. It’s quick to open and will keep his workout gear safe. If he heads out on his bike more often than he goes to the gym, a bike lock may be the best gift. Consider an adjustable locking cable like Master Lock’s 8413DPF, so he can lock up multiple items, including his helmet along with his bike.
This type of dad loves to fix things and spends his time both indoors and out, making his home the best it can be. Over the years, he has been gifted every tool imaginable to accomplish various home improvement tasks. Quality tools are expensive, whether they deal with lawn care or DIY projects. Help your dad lock up his tool shed or garage by giving him a high security laminated or solid body lock. For outdoor applications, look for padlocks that feature stainless steel components, protective weather covers, or the exclusive Rust-Oleum® Certified protection for extra weather resistance.
Always on the go, this dad is on the road for business meetings often and is a frequent hotel visitor. It’s important that he keep his luggage and other crucial items safe as he travels. A TSA-accepted lock for baggage is a great way to keep items safe in-transit. Master Lock’s 4688D TSA-accepted lock can help ensure he gets through airport security lines without a hitch. When in his hotel room, he’ll need a safe place to store his passport, cash, watch and other important documents. Consider selecting a secure cash or document storage box like the 7143D to give him a safe place for these items.
Regardless of a father’s occupation or personality type, most are busy men who balance a variety of responsibilities on a daily basis. Sharing the Master Lock Vault™ application with Dad can help him keep all of his most important information in one safe, organized location. This free, secure online data storage application can ease his hectic life, giving him easy access to passwords, bank account information and more -- even when he’s on the go.
www.masterlock.com or head over to the Master Lock Facebook page at www.facebook.com/masterlock. And go to www.masterlockvault.com to utilize the free, secure online data storage application and download a smart phone app for easy access on the go.
SUPPORT BREAST CANCER RESEARCH! Master Lock just launched a free game on their Facebook page that will generate donations for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation! This is such a worthy cause. In addition, Master Lock is introducing their new pink locking products to further raise awareness and help “unlock a cure.” (Stay tuned to this blog because I’ll be giving away a “pink lock” in October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.) Master Lock is going to donate up to $25,000 to BCRF in 2011, so please play their Facebook game to help find a cure for breast cancer!
After completing the mandatory entry above, you can earn optional, additional entries when you... (leave a separate comment for each)
- Like Master Lock on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Like Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook and/or follow on Networked Blogs. (1 entry for each)
- Follow Susan Heim on Parenting (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet up to 3x each day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet) You can use this tweet if you’d like: Need a great gift for Dad? Enter this #giveaway for a Master Lock Heavy-Duty 5D Padlock! http://t.co/nf2uciT @ParentingAuthor Ends 6/27
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Follow Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Enter another current giveaway on Susan Heim on Parenting. (1 entry per giveaway)
- Post about this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Monday, June 27, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, fdigsby!
DISCLOSURE: Thank you to Master Lock for providing a product for this review. I was not compensated for this review and all opinions are 100% mine.