Thursday, May 19, 2011

Third Thursday Thoughts: My Favorite Homemade Dish



Welcome to the second edition of Third Thursday Thoughts, brought to you by the wonderful people at Hearts at Home! Every third Thursday of the month, we’ll be sharing our thoughts on the topic of the month. This month’s topic: What is your favorite homemade dish? Share your recipe! This is a tough one for me because I do not enjoy cooking. Fortunately, I married a man who likes to cook. But when I do make the effort, I look for simplicity. It has to have few ingredients and be easy to make. The following recipe (don’t laugh: it’s Jell-O) is something that everyone always begs for at holiday dinners. This recipe is SO easy, and yet it is so tasty! So, I hope you like my recipe and that you’ll then check out the linky below it and visit the other bloggers who are participating in this Blog Hop to get the recipes for their favorite homemade dishes!

Raspberry Jell-O

1 large box raspberry Jell-O
2 cups hot water
1 cup applesauce
1 (10 oz.) box or bag of frozen raspberries (partially thawed)

Dissolve the Jell-O in the hot water. (Do not follow the package directions.) When the Jell-O has dissolved completely, mix in the applesauce and raspberries. Place it in the refrigerator and let it chill for several hours or overnight.

That’s it! It doesn’t get any easier than that, but trust me when I say that it is really yummy. Your kids will beg for more!





DISCLOSURE: All Hearts at Home bloggers will be entered into a monthly drawing to win a book. No financial compensation has been provided.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy. Never heard of using applesauce, gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that sounds interesting, I'm going to have to try that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... I've seen lots of jell-o recipes but never have I seen one that called for applesauce! And I have to say I commend you for saying that you do not enjoy cooking... something I think that society (and maybe it's just me but I feel like in particular other women) says we should not only enjoy but be good at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jello recipes! They are so easy! Thanks for participating...even though you don't like to cook!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.