The Read and Play feature is very cool. It brings children’s picture books to life! For example, in the book, Go Dog Go, kids can tap on ferris wheel cars and watch them spin around. This is great for younger children who can’t read a lot or are just getting interested in books. For the “older” set, like my 7-year-old boys, there are more than 12,000 children’s chapter books available! I downloaded a Junie B. Jones book for my sons, and they were so excited to read it together on my NOOK at bedtime.
They’re also excited about trying out all the new Android apps on my NOOK, like Angry Birds, Bubble Popper, Uno, and Drawing Pad. As for me, I love Match 3 games, so I downloaded the Aces Jewel Hunt app. It’s so much fun when I want to take a little break from reading my favorite books. But NOOK’s apps aren’t just for game-playing. Check out the video at the end of this post to learn more about the wide variety of apps that have been carefully selected to appeal to NOOK Color readers!
I can also check my email on the NOOK Color. It took seconds to link up my Hotmail account, and now I can read my email and respond to it via the onscreen keyboard. (NOOK’s email feature supports all the top webmail services, such as Yahoo, GMail, AOL, Hotmail, and more.) Through NOOK Friends, I can share all my favorite books with my friends. And great magazines and newspapers are also available for the NOOK Color, such as National Geographic in gorgeous color! I love that you get a 14-day free trial on magazines and newspapers, and then you can decide whether to become a subscriber or just purchase single issues.
At just $249, the NOOK Color is definitely the best value in the Tablet market. Consider getting one for a special mom for Mother’s Day or even as a gift for yourself! Not only are they available at Barnes & Noble, but you can also purchase a NOOK Color at Best Buy, Walmart, Books-a-Million, and Staples.
One lucky winner will receive a $50 Gift Card from Barnes & Noble! You can put it toward a NOOK Color or any other item at a B&N store or BN.com. To enter, watch the following video about NOOK Color’s terrific selection of apps. And then leave a comment on this post with the answer to this question: “Which app would you download first?” This is mandatory to enter the giveaway.
[Email subscribers, please click on the title of this post to access the video online. You can also see a full list of NOOK apps at http://bit.ly/jKuUt2.]
After fulfilling the mandatory entry above, you can earn optional, additional entries if you... (leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Barnes and Noble (@nookBN) and Susan Heim on Parenting (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Use the hashtag #nookcolormoms in your tweet. You may tweet up to 3x a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet) You can use this tweet if you wish:
RT @ParentingAuthor Mother’s Day #Giveaway for a Barnes & Noble $50 Gift Card! http://t.co/mEabGr9 Ends 5/19 @nookBN #nookcolormoms
- Like Barnes and Noble on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Like Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook and/or follow on Networked Blogs. (1 entry for each)
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Follow Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment with your GFC name. (1 entry)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Enter another current giveaway on Susan Heim on Parenting. (1 entry per giveaway entered)
- Post this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Thursday, May 19, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winner must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, fdigsby!
DISCLOSURE: I will receive a B&N gift card as a thank-you for sharing this information.