My family was given a sneak preview of these new episodes. When I first told my 7-year-old twins we were going to watch Dinosaur Train, my “big boys” declared that the show is for “little kids”! But when I turned on the show, they couldn’t tear their eyes away from the screen. At one point, my bouncy Austen jumped up and started dancing to one of the songs! So, Dinosaur Train is a hit with kids and big people of all ages, and the new episode is one that your family won’t want to miss!
Finally, I hope that you and your kids will check out the Dinosaur Train interactive website at PBSKIDS.org/dinosaurtrain. Children can join Buddy, Tiny and all their friends as they discover natural history and the science of paleontology through fun games and activities. In May, the website will celebrate trains with a special themed homepage and new fun printable activities. Kids can also play the online game “All Aboard!” to become a Jr. Conductor on the Dinosaur Train!
Dinosaur Train on PBS: http://pbskids.org/dinosaurtrain/
The Jim Henson Company: www.henson.com
We’re also going to celebrate trains on Susan Heim on Parenting with this giveaway for a Dinosaur Train Collectible Train Car with Buddy (pictured above)! My family received one, and it’s just adorable. In addition to the train car, it includes a Buddy figurine. Kids can collect all of the train cars featuring characters from the Dinosaur Train series and connect them together to build their own dinosaur train! To enter, leave a comment sharing something that your kids or you like to collect. You must do this to enter the giveaway.
After completing the mandatory entry above, you can earn optional, additional entries when you... (leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Henson Parents (@hensonparents) and Susan Heim on Parenting (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet up to three times each day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet)
- Like The Jim Henson Company on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Like Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook and/or follow on Networked Blogs. (1 entry for each)
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Follow Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Post about this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Monday, May 16, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, KIM!
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary Dinosaur Train Collectible Train Car and a screener of the new show to facilitate my candid review. No financial compensation was provided.