www.getcaughtreading.org. All posters are free, with a $5.00 per set charge for shipping & handling, whether you order one poster or 12. A set is defined as any number of posters that you order between one and 12. CLICK HERE to go directly to the order form.
Several Dinosaur Train and Sid the Science Kid books are also available to encourage children and their parents to Get Caught Reading in May.
Among the Dinosaur Train book titles are:
The Buddy & Friends board book, from Grosset & Dunlap. Join Buddy as he travels aboard the Dinosaur Train to introduce kids to some of his friends. Packed with full-color images from the show, this simple book is a perfect introduction to Dinosaur Train’s many species! SRP $5.99. Ages 3–5.
A Surprise for Mom! from Grosset & Dunlap is a beautiful picture book that follows Buddy and his siblings as they begin to plan something special for Mrs. Pteranodon on her special day. Read along as Team Pteranodon searches high and low for the best gifts ever! SRP $3.99. Ages 3–5.
Tiny Learns to Fish, from Grosset & Dunlap. The first reader in the Dinosaur Train program follows Mr. Pteranodon as he takes the kids to the big pond to teach them how to fish. There’s just one problem: Tiny can’t catch a fish, and Buddy can’t fly, so they team up to catch fish together! This Level 1 reader is perfect for young fans who are starting to read on their own. SRP $3.99. Ages 3–5.
Additionally, Sid the Science Kid books are available from Harper Collins, including:
Sid the Science Kid: Why Are My Shoes Shrinking?
Sid can’t wear his favorite shoes to school anymore now that they’re too small for his feet. But why don’t they fit anymore? Could it be that Sid’s favorite shoes are shrinking? Sid is ready to do some investigating as he learns all about growth in this fun new story. SRP: $3.99. Ages 3+
Sid The Science Kid: Why Can’t I Have Cake for Dinner?
Have you ever wondered what would happen if you ate cake all the time? Why do you need to eat a lot of different kinds of food? Read and find out all about nutrition with Sid the Science Kid! SRP: $5.99. Ages 3+.
Sid the Science Kid: Why Did My Ice Pop Melt?
When Sid discovers that the ice pop he left out overnight has melted, he starts to wonder: Why don’t ice pops stay frozen all the time? And why does water turn into ice in the freezer? With a little help from his family, friends and teacher, Sid the Science Kid is ready to investigate all about reversible change! SRP: $3.99. Ages 3+.
I hope you’ll join me in celebrating Get Caught Reading Month and encourage all of the members of your family to read. That means YOU, too!
Dinosaur Train on PBS: http://pbskids.org/dinosaurtrain/
The Jim Henson Company: www.henson.com
One lucky winner will win the three (3) Dinosaur Train books that are pictured above. To enter, leave a comment sharing how you and your kids will celebrate Get Caught Reading Month! You must do this to enter the giveaway.
After completing the mandatory entry above, you can earn optional, additional entries when you... (leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Henson Parents (@hensonparents) and Susan Heim on Parenting (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet up to three times each day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet)
- Like The Jim Henson Company on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Like Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook and/or follow on Networked Blogs. (1 entry for each)
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Follow Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Post about this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, May 29, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, karenmed409!
DISCLOSURE: No products or compensation were exchanged for this post.