Monday, January 31, 2011

Are You Getting Enough Fiber in Your Diet?

I have a confession to make: I am not a healthy eater. I’m not a fan of vegetables, so I don’t eat them often. And I’m more likely to grab a piece of chocolate than a piece of fruit when I want a snack. So, needless to say, I’m probably not getting enough fiber in my diet. Experts say that fiber is necessary for the health of our digestive and immune systems, but most of us only get about half of the 25-30 grams of dietary fiber we should be consuming each day.

Fortunately, for poor eaters like me, there are FiberChoice Chewable Fiber Supplements available. They contain inulin, the same healthy fiber found in fruits and vegetables. Inulin is “prebiotic,” which means that it nourishes the “good” bacteria in your digestive system. The “good” bacteria help to keep the number of “bad” bacteria in check.

FiberChoice supplements are also chewable, so no water is required. They’re great for people who have trouble swallowing pills. However, I did prefer a swallow of water afterward to help them go down. One daily serving of FiberChoice (two tablets) contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. I tried the Sugar Free Strawberry flavor, which was delicious! Other flavors include orange, pomegranate, assorted berries, sugar-free orange medley, and sugar-free assorted fruit.

To learn more about FiberChoice Chewable Fiber Supplements, visit www.fiberchoice.com. You can also follow FiberChoice on Twitter at @FiberChoice. FiberChoice products are available at your local food, drug and discount stores. (I found mine at Walgreen’s.)



DISCLOSURE: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of FiberChoice and received a coupon to facilitate my review and a gift code to thank me for taking the time to participate.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for joining mailbox mondays!!
    i'm a confirmed email subscriber and GFC follower
    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried a Chocolate or Pumpkin VitaTop? They are 100 calorie muffin tops and they have 30% of your daily fiber, sounds right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, those muffin tops sound delicious! I'll have to look for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so much better than taking those spoonfuls of ick that my mom used to take!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have problem to swallow supplement - chewable is good choice. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.