That approach is called Tie Buddies! Kids always have the hardest time with the “loops” when it comes to tying laces, so Tie Buddies get rid of the loops so kids can more easily maneuver the laces. Once they’ve mastered shoe-tying without loops, they can more easily move on to tying normally. These cute little tabs are easy to attach to the laces, and they come in both boy and girl versions.
When my boys tried tying shoes without Tie Buddies, it was always a disaster. They could never seem to keep the laces in a loop while getting them crossed. The loops would come undone, and the boys got easily frustrated. But now that they’re using Tie Buddies, they’re really starting to get the hang of shoe-tying! As their confidence grows, I know they’ll be tying shoes on their own in no time.
If your child is having trouble learning to tie his or her shoes, I suggest you pick up some Tie Buddies to help out. This is a great mom-invented product that makes the shoe-tying process much less frustrating for kids! Check out Tie Buddies at the links below.
Tie Buddies website: www.tiebuddies.com
GIVEAWAYSponsored by Tomoson.com
One lucky winner will receive a set of Tie Buddies! To enter, leave a comment on this post stating whether you’d like the pink or blue Tie Buddies. You must do this to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional additional entries by:
- Following Tie Buddies (@tiebuddies) and Susan Heim on Parenting (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweeting this giveaway. You can tweet up to 3x a day, at least an hour apart. (1 entry per tweet. Leave a separate comment for each.)
- Liking Tie Buddies on Facebook. Leave a comment on their wall telling them that you’re entering this giveaway on Susan Heim on Parenting. (1 entry)
- Liking Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment with your GFC name. (1 entry)
- Placing a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, December 26, 2010, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, susansmoaks!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.