- slim and compact design: less than a 1/2-inch thick and weighs less than a pound!
- 7-inch full-color touch screen
- screen displays in portrait or landscape
- personalize with your own photos
- scroll bar shows your 50 most recently read items
- create customized shelves to help organize your eBooks
- adjustable font sizes and types
- adjustable background color
- easy swipe to turn pages
- built-in dictionary: just highlight a word and look it up!
- highlighting for important text
- magazines are in full color and can be zoomed in and out
- 12,000 full-color children's books; picture books are narrated or can be read by child
- shop for 2 million-plus books!
- 8 GB of memory, which can be expanded
- lend books to friends with NOOKColor Reader's Tablets
- Android apps include Pandora (for music) and games
- password protectable
- interact with Facebook, Twitter and email
I hope you'll head over to your local Barnes and Noble and try one out for yourself. You can also purchase the NOOKColor at Books-A-Million, Best Buy, selected Walmart stores, and online.
Before we get to the details of the giveaway, there's one other thing I wanted to share about my NOOKColor. Watch this video (and try not to laugh ... it's my very first vlog post!):
[Email subscribers, click on the title of this post to watch the video online.]
One very lucky winner will receive his or her own NOOKColor Reader's Tablet from Barnes and Noble (a $249 value)! To enter, leave a comment on this post sharing the features you are most excited about on the new NOOKColor. This is a mandatory entry.
You can earn optional, additional entries if you... (leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Barnes and Noble (@nookBN) and Susan Heim on Parenting (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Use the hashtag #nookcolor in your tweet. You may tweet three times a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet) You can use this tweet if you want:
RT @ParentingAuthor Amazing New Year's #Giveaway for a Barnes & Noble NOOKColor! http://t.co/19nVM1p Ends 1/9 @nookBN #nookcolor Pls RT!
- Like Barnes and Noble on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Like Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle. Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Follow Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Leave a comment with your GFC name. (1 entry)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Post this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, January 9, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winner must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner of the NOOKColor Reader's Tablet, Jinxy and Me! And congratulations to the winner of the $20 gift card to Barnes & Noble for suggesting the name "Tabby": Thabal!
DISCLOSURE: Barnes and Noble sent me a complimentary NOOKColor to facilitate this review. They are generously donating an additional NOOKColor for this giveaway! No financial compensation was provided.