Friday, September 17, 2010

Quaker Launches New Instant Oatmeal Products for a Healthier Breakfast!

I’ve loved eating Quaker Instant Oatmeal for breakfast ever since I was a kid! I didn’t think they could get any better, but I just found out that Quaker has improved their Apples & Cinnamon, Maple & Brown Sugar, and Cinnamon & Spice (my favorite) flavors by making them with larger oats for a heartier texture! They’ve also lowered the sugar by 25 percent. Awesome! Oatmeal is made with heart-healthy whole grains, is an excellent source of iron, and a good source of fiber, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin A. It also has 0 grams of trans fat. It’s amazing to me that I love something so healthy!

Quaker has also just introduced its new Quaker Hearty Medleys, which are delicious instant multigrain hot cereals with a heartier texture, and real fruits and nuts. I had the opportunity to try both the Apple Cranberry Almond and the Banana Walnut flavors, and they are SO good! Both had huge chunks of fruit in them and crunchy nuts. I really felt like I was getting a hearty and healthy breakfast. I will definitely purchase these again.

And Quaker hasn’t forgotten the kids. For them, they’ve created Quaker Instant Oatmeal Mix-Up Creations! Within each box are several smaller packages of different flavors of oatmeal so kids can come up with their own varieties. For example, one box contains cinnamon, apple, and maple flavors, so kids can make cinnamon-apple, apple-maple, or cinnamon-maple hot cereal! I mixed all three flavors together, and it was yummy! Kids will have a lot of fun making their own combinations.

By the way, if you’re a fan of the NBC show, The Biggest Loser, you’ll be excited to learn that Quaker Oats has teamed up with its star and fitness guru, Bob Harper, to launch the Amazing Morning Campaign. They’ll be spreading the word about the health benefits of Quaker oatmeal. You can learn more about this terrific campaign and what might be in store for you on Quaker’s Facebook page.

I’m so glad that Quaker is continuing to find ways for families to enjoy healthier breakfasts. I hope you’ll pick up some Quaker Instant Oatmeal the next time you’re at the grocery store!

LINKS

Website: www.QuakerOats.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Quaker
Twitter: www.twitter.com/QuakerOats



DISCLOSURE: I received complimentary product samples to facilitate my candid review. No compensation was provided.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.