In this chuckle-inducing book, Dad proudly proclaims, “Purple toes make me smile!” When he shows his purple-painted toenails to his family, Mother rolls her eyes, Sister giggles, Brother gets embarrassed, and Gus the dog barks at his purple toes! But Dad doesn’t care because he loves his purple toes. His purple toes feel the tall green grass of spring, play in the sand on the beach in summer, wiggle in the autumn leaves, and jump in the winter snow! (Meanwhile, young readers are asked to spot the purple toes in the charming illustrations by Tate Nation.) Dad’s purple toes go with him all over the house until they finally end up in his favorite place -- his warm and cozy bed.
Soles4Souls, which provides shoes to those in need. So, you get a two-for-one when you purchase this book: a fantastic read for the whole family plus the knowledge that you’re helping a very worthy cause.
Go to www.mypurpletoes.com to learn more about My Purple Toes and purchase a copy. You can even find out how to host a Purple Party! And please visit www.soles4souls.org to learn more about this terrific organization.
My Purple Toes Website: www.mypurpletoes.com
Soles4Souls Website: www.soles4souls.org
I have a copy of My Purple Toes to give away to one lucky person! To enter, go to www.mypurpletoes.com and leave a comment on this post with something you learned on the site. You must do this to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional, additional entries by... (leave a separate comment for each)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting (@ParentingAuthor), My Purple Toes (@MyPurpleToes) and Soles4Souls (@Soles4Souls) on Twitter. Leave your Twitter name in your comment. (1 entry total)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet twice a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the buttons at the bottom of this post. 1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Liking Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Liking My Purple Toes on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Liking Soles4Souls on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, August 22, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, Benita!
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this book to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided.