Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Paper Mate Plant-a-Pen Challenge!

I love that so many companies are making an effort to produce eco-friendly products. One company that has accepted this challenge is Paper Mate! Just in time for back-to-school shopping, they’ve developed a line of biodegradable pens and mechanical pencils that will help put a few less items in our landfills.

They’ve teamed up with Mom Central to issue a challenge called the Plant-A-Pen Campaign! They sent me a Paper Mate biodegradable pen and mechanical pencil, and instructed my kids and I to bury them in the yard! Yes, I had to remove the biodegradable components from them and stick them in the dirt. Needless to say, my boys were up to the challenge! So, as you can see below, Austen started digging, and we dropped in the parts.

Now, throughout the next year, we’ll be digging up our experiment to see how the Paper Mate pen and pencil break down over time. If all works as it should, the components should begin to biodegrade back into the soil.

Of course, I don’t want you to run out and buy new pens just so you can bury them in the yard (although you can if you’d like to do the same cool experiment!). But I do encourage you to consider purchasing Paper Mate biodegradable pens and pencils when you do your back-to-school shopping. Once those writing utensils are used up, they’re going to end up in the garbage, and it’s great to know that they won’t be polluting our planet for the next hundred years!

Go to http://papermate.com/Pages/biodegradeable.aspx to learn more about Paper Mate’s new biodegradable products and even watch a short video that shows one breaking down in the soil within just a year. Thanks, Paper Mate, for going green!



DISCLOSURE: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Paper Mate and received the products necessary to facilitate my review. In addition, I received a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.