Until they’re gone, I’m offering Oh, Baby! 7 Ways a Baby Will Change Your Life the First Year for FREE! Just pay $3 for shipping. If you’d like more than one copy, let me know, and I can give you the adjusted shipping cost.
Oh, Baby! 7 Ways a Baby Will Change Your Life the First Year is the winner of a Mom's Choice Award, a Parent-to-Parent Adding Wisdom Award, and an iParenting Media Award!
Please email me at smhparent [at] hotmail [dot] com if you’re interested. This book makes a terrific gift for expectant and new parents, especially first-timers. You can find out more about Oh, Baby! 7 Ways a Baby Will Change Your Life the First Year at www.ababywillchangeyourlife.com, as well as below.
* * *
Are you ever really prepared for your first child? Or even the second or third? So you’ve got the nursery set up, the diapers bought and the pediatrician selected, but you may be shocked at how, despite your best efforts, you’re totally unprepared for parenthood! Oh, Baby! 7 Ways a Baby Will Change Your Life the First Year will provide you -- the expectant or new parent -- with the “real story” about the many ways a new baby will turn your life upside-down. These changes -- which occur in 7 key areas of life -- may surprise you:
• Love: A new baby will introduce you to the deepest, purest love you’ll ever know, but how can this also be a painful love?
• Self: Having a child “completes you” and makes you a better person, but in what ways will it also challenge your sense of “self”?
• Marriage: Baby’s first year of life exerts many pressures on a marriage. How can you and your partner work toward moving the pendulum from confinement, confusion and chaos back to fun, reward and growth?
• Career: There are so many decisions to be made. Will you be able to balance all of the responsibilities that go along with making a living and raising a child -- and do them both successfully?
• Spiritual Life: The miracle of new life can be spiritually awakening, but in what ways can it also test your faith?
• Friends: Friendships come and go throughout your life -- but especially when a new baby arrives. How does having a baby attract -- but also alienate! -- friends?
• Extended Family: Having a baby is a “family affair” that impacts -- both positively and negatively -- your relationships with parents, in-laws and siblings. Is family harmony possible?
While Oh, Baby! is realistic in the ways that life is changed post-baby, it offers practical advice and sensitive know-how to help you survive -- and even thrive! -- in the first year. Through the use of fascinating narratives, poignant questions, suggested activities and experienced advice, you’ll find solutions that maximize an optimistic view in tackling the challenges that are naturally a part of new parenthood. Best of all, your new coping skills will free you up from the stresses of that first year so you can love your baby -- and cherish your new family -- for the ultimate parenting experience!