Click here for instructions.
- Help your child learn some basic insect anatomy by creating a model of a dragonfly, and learn that some animals seen in the world today also lived at the time of the dinosaurs. Click here for instructions.
- Help your child understand and apply the term “hypothesis,” investigate, and make predictions about the science of color using household basics. Click here for instructions.
DINOSAUR TRAIN also has some great new products available for getting ready for school, including:
DINOSAUR TRAIN: I AM A T. REX! (Grossett & Dunlap)
TRICERATOPS FOR LUNCH (Golden Books; Illustrated by Caleb Meurer)
DINOSAUR TRAIN TAKE ‘N’ PLAY ANYWHERE™ GO FISHING™ MAGNETIC ACTIVITY (Patch Products)
DINOSAUR TRAIN DINOSAUR COLLECTIBLE 3-PACKS (Learning Curve)
DINOSAUR TRAIN ALL ABOARD GAME (Pressman Toy Corp.)
I encourage you to visit www.pbskids.org/dinosaurtrain with your kids to check out their fun, educational activities. And, of course, go to PBS Kids on TV to watch the show! But don’t leave this site just yet … I have a great DINOSAUR TRAIN giveaway to offer! Read on…
One lucky winner will receive a DINOSAUR TRAIN themed backpack full of DINOSAUR TRAIN products! To enter, leave a comment here with a tip to help parents get their kids ready to start or return to school. You must do this to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional, additional entries by... (leave a separate comment for each)
- Following PBS Kids (@PBSKids) and Susan Heim on Parenting (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet twice a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the buttons at the bottom of this post. 1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Liking Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, August 29, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, Chrissyb!
DISCLOSURE: No products or compensation were exchanged for this post.