In Sid the Science Kid: Everybody, Move Your Feet!, Sid announces that he’s going to spend the whole weekend in his pillow fort watching TV. His mom and dad, of course, set Sid straight on why that isn’t such a good idea! Sid’s body needs to be moving, they explain, so that it will be in tip-top shape. Later, Sid talks to his friends and his teacher about exercise. Teacher Susie explains that exercise is good for the body, but also for the brain! On the playground, she explains the difference between the right and wrong ways to exercise, and all the kids demonstrate their favorite ways of exercising. They realize that staying healthy can be fun!
Sid the Science Kid: Everybody, Move Your Feet! is geared toward children between the ages of 3-6. This book is a terrific way to introduce health topics to younger children. And, of course, they’ll love reading about one of their favorite characters: Sid the Science Kid!
P.S. Click here to find out how you and your kids can observe how exercise changes your heartbeat, just like Sid and his friends do in the book!
One lucky reader will win a copy of the book, Sid the Science Kid: Everybody, Move Your Feet! To enter, leave a comment on this post with your favorite way to encourage your kids to exercise! You must do this to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet this giveaway twice a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post. 1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Wednesday, July 21, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open only to US residents.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, TiffsPixieDust!
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this book to review and give away to one lucky winner! No other compensation was provided.