Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My New Favorite Musical Group: Alpha Rev!

Have you ever listened to a new CD and loved it instantly? That happened to me recently with Alpha Rev’s debut CD, New Morning. Check out this video of the title song. Wow!



I was surprised to learn that Alpha Rev was actually formed in 2005, but they are just now releasing their first album. Their songs have been featured in various television series, including Melrose Place, NYC Prep, and Greek. The members of Alpha Rev include singer and lyricist Casey McPherson, Derek Dunivan (guitar), Tommy Roalson (drums), Dave Wiley (cello), Alex Dunlap (bass), Brian Batch (violin) and Derek Morris (keyboards).

I don’t know how to describe their sound other than “fantastic”! My son in college watched their video and said they sound like Coldplay. Often, I have to listen to a CD multiple times before I really get into the songs. That wasn’t the case with New Morning at all. I was hooked the first time I listened to it. I hope you’ll check out these amazing guys at the following links and get their CD!

ALPHA REV LINKS

Website: www.alpharev.com
Myspace: www.myspace.com/alpharev
Facebook: www.facebook.com/AlphaRev
Twitter: www.twitter.com/AlphaRev




DISCLOSURE: I received complimentary access to listen to this CD online. No compensation was provided. As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission on any purchases made through the Amazon link at left.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.