At that time, I had to figure things out by trial and error. For instance, I learned that the cheap breast pump I bought (manual, one-sided) wasn’t the most efficient way to express my milk. If I did it over again, I would invest in a high-quality electric pump. But there were very few resources available at that time (my boys are now 20 and 17) to fill me in on those important details. Fortunately, there’s now a terrific CD available for those of you who will be combining a return to the workplace with nursing. It’s called Breast Pumps and Briefcases: Breastfeeding for the Working Mom, and it’s hosted by Shari Criso, a Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse Midwife, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and nationally recognized parenting educator and entrepreneur. She is also the mother of two amazing breastfed daughters!
You can find Breast Pumps and Briefcases at www.mybabyexperts.com, along with a ton of other breastfeeding and other parenting-related advice. This is a must-read site for anyone who is breastfeeding or planning to nurse their baby!
Shari Criso has generously offered a complimentary copy of her Breast Pumps and Briefcases CD to one lucky reader! To enter, leave a comment about breastfeeding on this post. If you’re pregnant, do you have a question about breastfeeding? Are you worried about something? If you’ve breastfed before, do you have any tips to share? Did you find it easy or difficult, and why? You must do this first step to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Following Shari Criso (@sharicriso) and Susan Heim on Parenting on Twitter (@ParentingAuthor) and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet this giveaway twice a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post. 1 entry per tweet.)
- Join the mailing list at MyBabyExperts.com. Leave a comment with the email address with which you subscribed. (1 entry)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Friday, July 16, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open only to US residents.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, Henria O.!
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this CD to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided.