Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Day After Mother’s Day!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day! I wasn’t on the computer much this past weekend because my parents were here, so we all had some quality family time. Mom and I did some shopping. The twins went to the park with Grandpa. And we all watched The Tooth Fairy on Saturday night. (Great movie!) On Sunday, we went to watch one of my sons at his baseball game, and then my dad made my favorite breakfast of all time: Eggs Benedict!

Best of all, all four of my sons made me feel loved by remembering me on my special day. My college-age son even wrote me a poem. Isn’t this sweet?

I know what day it is today
Because I worried my week away
Trying to think of a gift for you
But I did not know what I could do.

I cannot buy you a big house
And I could not find you a nice blouse
So I got some flowers and a gift card
And this rhyme by a novice bard.

Overall, I can only say
Please have a wonderful Mother’s Day!


I’d like to give a special shout-out to those women for whom Mother’s Day is a painful reminder of infertility. I know that many women sobbed their hearts out yesterday because they have not yet been able to realize their dreams of motherhood. Please keep them in your prayers and show them lots of love.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.