Thursday, April 08, 2010
Like my own husband, John Cave Osborne went from being a bachelor to a married father of four within a short span of time. John married Caroline, who had a precious little girl, and shortly thereafter, they found out they were expecting triplets! Tales from the Trips highlights the journey from getting the “news,” through Caroline’s bed rest, and then the birth and the first year up until the triplets begin to walk. Through it all, John manages to retain his sense of humor. Here’s a video John made that will show you what I mean: (This video, by the way, was tweeted by Ashton Kutcher!)
(Email subscribers may need to click on the title of this post to access the video on my blog.)
I love how John admits that perfection is overrated when it comes to parenting multiples. I laughed, for instance, when he confessed that they set the triplets in front of a baby TV show on occasion because it was either entertain them with that or lose their sanity! I could really relate to that from raising my twins. I figured that allowing them 15 minutes to watch an age-appropriate show once in a while was much healthier for them than having Mom lose her cool! And when the triplets cried through their baptism or caused their family vacation to fall apart, John and Caroline managed to find the humor in these situations.
You don’t have to be a parent of multiples to enjoy reading Tales from the Trips. You’ll be fascinated by the Osborne family’s story of change and adventure, all wrought by three little babies (two boys and a girl, by the way) who managed to take charge of the household! I had a hard time putting down this book.
Tales from the Trips can be ordered from Double Up Books or Amazon (see link below). Also, 30% of the net revenue earned by Tales from the Trips will be donated to Childhelp.org, an organization dedicated to fighting child abuse.
Tales from the Trips website: www.talesfromthetrips.com
John Cave Osborne’s blog: www.johncaveosborne.com
John’s Twitter page: www.twitter.com/johncaveosborne
Author John Cave Osborne has generously offered to give one lucky person a complimentary copy of Tales from the Trips! To enter, visit www.talesfromthetrips.com and leave a comment here with something you learned from the site. This first step is mandatory to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Following me (@ParentingAuthor) and John Cave Osborne (@johncaveosborne) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet this giveaway twice a day. Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post. 1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (up to 3 entries)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
BONUS: Ten (10) extra entries if you submit an approved article, story or tips on my site for families with multiples: TwinsTalk! Instructions for entry are on the site. Leave 10 separate comments here with the title of your submission.
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Friday, April 23, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, Diane J.!
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this book to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided.