On the Elmer’s Glue Crew website, they’ve posted a 40-day calendar of eco-friendly tips and ideas that kids and parents can do together. It includes easy-to-do items like: Turn off the lights when you leave the room to conserve energy. And more challenging ideas, such as: Leave the car at home and walk everywhere today. Work together as a family to see how many things you can accomplish on the calendar!
Also on the Elmer’s Glue Crew site, you can also read about how students and teachers can get involved in recycling their glue bottles at Walmart. Teachers can download an academic planning calendar, lesson plans and other recycling-related materials. There’s even the opportunity to win great prizes for the classroom!
Elmer’s Glue Crew website:
Elmer’s Glue Crew on Twitter:
Elmer’s Glue Crew on Facebook:
Finally, Elmer’s is also celebrating 40 Days of Earth-Friendly Living by generously offering one lucky reader of this blog a fabulous prize!
One winner will receive an Elmer’s bookbag filled with Elmer’s supplies (school glue, glue sticks, etc.)! (The other items in the picture are not included.) I received one of these prize bags from Elmer’s last year, and I was amazed at all of the products inside! We still have some left after using them throughout the school year. To enter, visit the Elmer’s Glue Crew 40-day calendar and leave a comment here with one activity from the calendar that you and your family will be doing (besides the two I mentioned above). This first entry is mandatory.
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Following Elmer’s Glue Crew (@ElmersGlueCrew) and me (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet this giveaway twice a day. Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post. 1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (up to 3 entries)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Wednesday, May 5, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open only to US residents.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, sweetsue!
DISCLOSURE: No compensation was provided for this post.