Disney FamilyFun magazine, you can turn old cereal boxes into one-of-a-kind tote bags! This would be a great project for a girls’ sleepover party.
Total time: 1 hour
1 empty cereal box, any size
Assorted decorative paper, such as construction paper or scrapbooking paper
Mod Podge matte sealer
1. Cut off the box’s top flaps.
2. Draw a 4- by 1-inch oval centered on the front and back of the box, about 1 inch from the open end. Cut out the ovals to create the handles.
3. Tear your paper into various shapes.
4. Using the paintbrush, apply a small amount of Mod Podge to the back of a piece of paper, then smooth the paper onto the box. Spread more Mod Podge over the paper to help seal it in place. Repeat until the entire box is covered, folding the papers over the edges of the box where necessary. Let the sealer dry, about 20 minutes.
5. To help the tote close easily, use the tip of the paintbrush handle to score a line down the middle of each side of the box, then bring the edges together as shown to crease the fold.
Click HERE to see all of the other great recycled crafts from Disney FamilyFun magazine!