Thursday, March 11, 2010
Even though Piggy Paint nail polish “is designed especially for those precious little girls in your life,” I was anxious to try it. I don’t have any daughters, but I wanted to get Piggy Paint for myself! Why? Piggy Paint is, as they say, “natural as mud.” It’s non-toxic (that means no harsh chemicals), odorless (doesn’t smell bad like regular nail polish), and, yes, kid-friendly (even for us big kids!). This water-based polish has no formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate or acetone -- all those unpronounceable and toxic ingredients that you find in other nail polishes.
But does it work? Yes! I was blessed to receive a bottle of Piggy Paint in Forever Fancy (a pink color I absolutely love), and I put it on right away. It went on just as easily and smoothly as other nail polishes, but it didn’t stink! The company advises you to use 2-3 thin coats and then, for ultimate durability, blow it dry with a hairdryer (set on a low setting, medium heat), which I did. Piggy Paint lasted just as long for me as other nail polishes. When it was time, I removed it with Piggy Paint Nail Polish Remover, which also smells good and has no acetone. (You can even use it on other polishes if you want.)
I also love the huge selection of Piggy Paint colors.
You can also purchase Piggy Paint in gift packs. What a great idea for a little girl’s birthday gift! If she lives out of town/state, you can have it delivered right to her door. And if you purchase the Breast Cancer Pail pictured below, they’ll donate a portion of the sale to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure for Research.
Piggy Paint can be shipped worldwide, and if you spend $35 or more, shipping is free within the United States.
I’m a huge new fan of Piggy Paint. If your little girl loves nail polish, Piggy Paint is a must-have. And if, like me, you don’t have a little girl but are concerned about the chemicals you use on your body, then Piggy Paint is for you! They also have a new tween line coming very soon.
Visit www.piggypaint.com to check out Piggy Paint for yourself. I also recommend that you follow Piggy Paint on Twitter and Facebook because they love to offer secret sales and special offers! (Keep reading for a special discount for readers of this blog.)
Get 10% off anything on the Piggy Paint website, including sale items, if you order by June 30, 2010! Just enter PARENTS10L at the checkout to receive this fabulous discount!
One lucky reader of this blog will win a $15 gift code to use on Piggy Paint! To enter, visit www.piggypaint.com/shop.php and leave a comment here with the names of your TWO favorite colors. (Be specific … “pink” or “blue” doesn’t count!) This step is mandatory.
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Becoming a fan of Piggy Paint on Facebook. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Following Piggy Paint (@PiggyPaint) and me (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet this giveaway twice a day. Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post. 1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (up to 3 entries)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page and Piggy Paint. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Thursday, March 25, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to Amber, who said, "My two favorite colors are Glass Slippers and Candy-Coated."
DISCLOSURE: I received one complimentary bottle each of Piggy Paint nail polish and Piggy Paint Nail Polish Remover to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided.