Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Lunar Antics: Comics That Introduce You to Inhabitants of the Moon on Earth!


My boys have always been big fans of comic strips. My son in college still reads them to me when he finds a funny one in the newspaper! That’s why I knew he’d be the perfect person to review the book, The Lunar Antics Presents: Boy, I’d Hate to Be Made Out of That Stuff, by Robert Walters. Here’s a brief video that will introduce you to The Lunar Antics. (Email subscribers may need to click onto the title of this post to access the video directly on my blog.)



In The Lunar Antics -- newspaper-style cartoons that feature moon inhabitants on Earth -- you’ll meet Zeno, who is more than 2 billion years old (but still appears quite young!); Zed, a moon man who’s also a math genius; Linda, the only female moon member; and Drusus, who rounds out The Lunar Antics Players. They’re also joined by Professor Philip Zachary Jones, the Earthling music professor who ends up with these four moon people in his home! Needless to say, they have a lot to learn about each other.

My son got a real kick out of The Lunar Antics. I heard quite a few chuckles coming from his room while he was reading this book! He liked how these aliens not only teach us a lot about themselves, but they also teach us about ourselves! Some of our human practices look quite silly when seen through the eyes of those who aren’t of our planet.


If you or someone you know loves comic strips and humor, I encourage you to visit www.lunarantics.com to download a free excerpt of The Lunar Antics Presents: Boy, I’d Hate to Be Made Out of That Stuff. You can also purchase a copy for only $17.95, with free shipping and even autographed by cartoonist Robert Walters!






DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this book to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.